Terraria Online Holiday Contest: Winner Announcement

Discussion in 'PC' started by kirabook, Jan 20, 2013.

1. kirabook ModMin

[IMG]

Congratulations to the contest winners! We want to congratulate all the winners and all the participants for participating in this (possibly last moderator hosted) Holiday Contest! We encourage all users to check out all the entries, especially all the mod entries!

Winners, you will be contacted next week once we have had time to tie up everything with 505 Games. Again, thanks everyone for participating and check out the other entries as well!

Softcore Entries Thread
    Mediumcore Entries Thread
    Hardcore Entries Thread

P.S: Comments are permitted in this thread.
  2. kirabook ModMin

3. kirabook ModMin

Mediumcore Winners
    As Chosen by 505 Games

Bobrocket likes this.
  4. kirabook ModMin

Hardcore Winners

Awesome Christmas

The mod contains a bunch of features , here's a short summary.
    Better presents!
    Presents in terraria have been overhauled to give a 'new' feel.
    The present boxes are now stackable , and through a crafting recipe placable.
    The rewards improve procedurally based on the actions the player has done in the world , coming up to 80 different rewarding results in total! The rewards are not limited to building materials like they used to either , you can get accessories and even world-limited equipment!

You can even pack your own gifts and give them to friends , they will not know what's inside until they open it up (and yes , you can wrap a wrapper present infinitely , feel free to do so if it thrills you)
    New Christmas-themed tiles
    Screenshot (open)

[IMG]

Multiple tiles that felt missing to the terraria feeling of Christmas have been added to the game , those include things such as warm rugs to fit your Adamantite forge , wreaths , stocking socks , and Christmas trees , complete with a star on top.

Auroras!
    Screenshots (open)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Multiple colored northern lights appear at night whenever you are at the snow biome!
    This effect has been added to the game because despite having snow falling from the sky , the snow biome does not feel any special by itself.
    The auroras appear at every non-blood moon night at the snow biome, and the color they store varies over time!

More snow!
    The original Christmas world generation only made a small patch of the world snowy.
    Given the many features of this mod that are based on snow , the generation has been decided to widen up , and it will now cover the majority of your world's center , spreading far to the east and west and corruption , but no damage will be done to your dungeon or jungle!

In addition , a clean area with slippery ice will be generated into a small section of the world , equivalent in size to what the original world snow area would have!

Fireworks!
    Screenshots (open)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Who doesn't love fireworks in the fine holidays of terraria?
    Fireworks come out of Firework Spitters , the spitters shoot the fireworks at two available modes - Two-wave and Circle-spray , and you can even customize the color of the fireworks from within the tile!

Sparklers!
    Screenshot (open)

[IMG]

Like the fireworks , Sparklers emit quite a bit of light , these are lightable sticks , that whenever swung with gel , start sparkling all over the place , for a short period - a great tool to 'light up the party!'

Shovels!
    Screenshots (open)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Shovels A new brand of tools that digs out soft tiles in an AoE , they allow for much faster pacing in the underground world and come in 3 flavors , each digging in a different radius!

New accessories!
    Screenshots (open)

[IMG]

Several new accessories introduced in this mod include the Ice ring & Pendant , these two accessories hold a very special ability that lets their wearer use snow in order to freeze nearby liquids around them!

Snowballs!
    Screenshot (open)

[IMG]

Snowballs for the season! the best item when attempting to start a friendly fight with your friends! Snowballs can be charged before shooting , and doing so increases their damage , range , and knockback!

A new special reviving item!
    An exclusive item made for hardcore players , which allows a 1-time reincarnation (per item) has been added to the game as a part of a reward from a special boss.
    This item will revive you if its in your inventory or if someone else is around in multiplayer , they'll be able to see your ghost and use it to revive you!
    -if you defeat the boss added in this pack , this item will gain a small chance of being obtained by killing any mob that does not spawn from a statue.

A totally new boss!
    Introducing.... Frostmaw!
    [IMG]

Based on an old Concept Art in courtesy of Endling
    This little scary critter Comes with the a new special stacking debuff , Frostbite! , which will temporarily reduce your defense by 1 for every time you're struck , beware!
    Note that this is a morning pre-skeletron boss , with a nightmare version that will appear if night time starts! (endgame hardmode recommended for trying nightmare mode out)

How to access everything in the modpack
    Firework related items can be crafted using bombs and wrapping papers , bombs and torches.

The merchant and Santa Claus will now sell wrapping paper and Pine trees , respectively.

Present boxes and the snow globe can be crafted into placable tiles.

Colored Rugs , Wreath and stocking socks can be obtained from the presents at any given time.

Shovels can be crafted like regular tools , using the respective materials for iron , molten and hallowed tools. (hallowed shovel will only require the three kinds of hardmode bars , but no souls)

To call Frostmaw out for a fight you will need to craft a bait out of rotten chunks , jungle spores , purification powder and webs , at a cooking pot.

The Accessories and weapons available in the mod all come from Frostmaw and its nightmare version , Rosemaw.

Attached Files:

Minifrij, Classikly, Eikester and 3 others like this.
  5. Kane Administrator

Congratulations everyone :)
    Yoraiz0r and Shockah like this.
  6. Arkhalis Eskimo Zombie

Frostmaw ate the cake!
    Yoraiz0r and Shockah like this.
  7. kingicarus Floaty Gross

Frostmaw still isn't a spider :p
    Yoraiz0r likes this.
  8. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Grats Bob, you deserved that shit.
    Bobrocket and Yoraiz0r like this.
  9. Classikly Flying Snake

Well there goes literally my entire winter break. *sigh*
    'Grats Bob.

And a few of the mod entries were actually pretty good. Too bad they were over-shadowed by Yorai and Shockah (who I know put a lot of effort and time into it as well).
    Bobrocket and Yoraiz0r like this.
  10. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I know that feel. 2 minutes wasted. Damn.
    ibowser123 likes this.
  11. ibowser123 Eyezor

Called it on the Softcore winners.
    While the lag does bug me for Bob's entry, I still enjoy the song.
    And for our modders, well, you guys deserve more credit than you get.
    Lovely fireworks, I must say. And that boss, I remember when it was first sketched. How delightful.
    Thank you everyone for you hard work.

(Still waiting for someone to make Endling's THE BEAST idea. http://endling.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=terraria#/d3ipnab You know you want it, it's like Jhen Moran so much.)
    Bobrocket likes this.
  12. W1K Suika Ibuki's White Knight

WE ALL KNEW YORAI AND SHOCKAH WERE GONNA WIN DIS RITE

Except no one knew who did the entry. But dayum. Frostmaw.
    Shockah and Yoraiz0r like this.
  13. Classikly Flying Snake

Yeah.. no one knew that Entry 1 was Yorai and Shockah.
    ibowser123 likes this.
  14. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Totally tried to impose myself as entry 3. (Great work on it Empio!)
    Classikly likes this.
  15. Classikly Flying Snake

Yeah, his was pretty fucking amazing.
    Yoraiz0r likes this.
  16. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

woo
    blame my craptop
  17. Loki ISP Moderator

Awesome stuff guys - congrats!

I definitely need to play that mod...
    Shockah and Yoraiz0r like this.
  18. mrpoke Green Slime