PC Terraria Online Xbox Live Arcade Gameplay Video & Release Date!

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Kane, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Kane Administrator

So today we have a Gameplay video from the Xbox 360 version of Terraria being produced by 505 Games for late February/early March 2013.

Let's hope there is more video to come soon! What are your thoughts, and do you think you will buy it for the PSN or Live Arcade if you own a console?
  2. Shaun Dark Caster

The new version does look nice, but I won't be buying it (will miss the new content).
    I know they only have the rights to update the console version, but if the console version goes over well would there be any chance of getting the PC version updated as well? (even if it meant buying 'Terraria-Platinum' version :p)
    Mechagofio likes this.
  3. kirabook ModMin

Nope. Not unless Redigit decides to come back here of all places and start again, which I highly doubt.
  4. Space Sphere Dark Caster

Not impressed.
  5. Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

That's why there are mods. XD
    Totally gonna mod in that world map.
    leddy231, Omnir, Cricket and 3 others like this.
  6. CoolShadow Doctor Bones

only good thing about this is the new music but im not sure if tht was just edited into the video
  7. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

looks really good!
    i don't necessarily like the yellow outlines around all the doors, torches etc.
    i love the automatic mode, and the map
    the borders around everything (i.e chat) don't look too good - something with a black border can be seen on any color
    some other things do look stretched, but otherwise great!
    8.5/10 would buy on both consoles
  8. daaseemas Dark Caster

I don't mind how terraria is right now it has plenty of content and some extra new features I plan to get it for PS3
    505Games likes this.
  9. connery0 The Wiremancer

I wonder if the worldmap automaticly updates once you went to a area once, or only when you go back there, like when somebody build something you didn't see yet, or when coruption/hallow spreads. either way the map function will allow for big builds that can only be apreciated when viewed from a map though. (I mean you crater/valley)
  10. nymes Demon Eye

why the price change? Its now $14.99 for console version?
  11. Rossmallo Dark Caster

...Well then.

My opinion has actually softened against this a bit now. I doubt I'll buy it, but I'm no longer branding anyone who wants to buy it a heretic, and I'm not wishing death disease and famine on everyone involved in the production of it. The controls and additions don't make it look like a bastardised remake, and by now I've stopped feeling bitter about the new content.

Whoever wants to buy it, power to ya.
  12. Classikly Flying Snake

I do like some of the features.
  13. W1K RNG fanboy

inb4 Yorai modding the world map in.

I do see controls are still shit, as expected, but the overall is not too bad I guess.
    Yoraiz0r, PoroCYon and Shockah like this.
  14. ChippyGaming Angry Nimbus

I'm not sure what I think of this, it's looks fine but still doesn't look like it will play well, some features look nice, some don't :\
  15. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

This looks great. The world viewer is cool as shit.
    8/10 would buy
    505Games likes this.
  16. ChippyGaming Angry Nimbus

I think the main thing I don't like is the repulsive yellow borders on torches, and doors...
  17. Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

But... But... I just said I'll mod it in ;<
  18. Triforce Flying Snake

That new music for space is pretty cool.
  19. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

0/10 For being redundant since I already have it on PC.
    9/10 for being a reference for modders to copy.
    0/10 for having to buy an entire console to enjoy new content (which would be the only reason to buy it).

But would I buy it on console? Nope.
    Mastergoose and Creeper_Man like this.
  20. MarcosL Piranha

It looks good, I wish I could buy it but I do not have an Xbox 360, but apperently (from what I read in the comments) some people might make a mod for the pc *cough*Shockah*cough* so the pc people might get their hands on the new things and I might convince a friend to buy it so we can play split screen
    PoroCYon and Shockah like this.