Pre 1.2 Terraria RPG [WIP]

Discussion in 'Working in Progress Texture Packs' started by dubca7, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Reprusuz

Reprusuz Green Slime

Do you think when your done the pack you could make a double resolution version (HD)?

2. Reprusuz

Reprusuz Green Slime

He's dropped the pack due to his "busy" life and let anyone who can finish it if they wany *hint* you should if your good at doing stuff like that*hint*

3. saison

saison Blazing Wheel

If you're hinting I should, I wouldn't be able to :) I don't have the resolve to stick with such a large project. I envy that trait in the people that make these large projects.

4. Reprusuz

Reprusuz Green Slime

D: I wish you did you look like a great pixel artist and if you had the patience to do this you would do a great job of finishing it!

5. Razumen

Razumen Green Slime

This pack is great! You sir are my hero for the day haha.
    However I'm having a problem with some blocks only showing up as pink/purple squares, is there some way I can fix this?
    I was using the Zelda pack before, but I got rid of the Images2 folder before installing this one and downloaded the latest 'TerrariaTexturePack.exe.' Is there something I'm missing??

6. Razumen

Razumen Green Slime

Pleeeease don't do this! Or at the least give us both versions, your 16x16 textures look great in Terraria!

7. Emildi

Emildi Blazing Wheel

I've been looking for a texture pck can happily use.... I think I like this one...

8. xXSlyXx

xXSlyXx Green Slime

I'll try to use it in one of my vids :p

9. cooldude1128

cooldude1128 Devourer

Whoa. Dude, you are awesome. I am one of Dokus biggest fans. I found out about dokucraft the day it was made.
    He only had the dirt, grass, stone, wood, and leave textures, but I knew it was gonna be awesome.

10. Memeej

Memeej Eskimo Zombie

Is this going to be updated to 1.1.1?

11. dubca7

dubca7 Demon Eye

It's not dead. I'm just recreating it to match the Terraria style. Check the first page for updates.

12. GentlemanZombie

GentlemanZombie Green Slime

Firstly, I really like the general style. It's nice and polished. If there is one thing I can complain about though, it would probably be the leaves on the trees. They just look a bit edgeless, but otherwise, this is great.

13. ColonyDrone8

ColonyDrone8 Cave Bat

Wow... Nice pack you have here.
    First Look: Eh, just looks like Terraria Dokucraft port to me.
    Second Look: Oh... wow... this is pretty good.
    Third Look: HOLY!!! How does this guy do it?
    Seriously, this is great. I just wonder how you get the time to sprite... :/
    It takes me forever, and I don't get much free time anymore... It's a sad thing, real life.
    I'd use it as it is now, but I have to test / use my own texturepack (Along with deal the [apparently] common troll. I've gotten two in the past day :/ ) >_<
    Aaanyways, enough about my texturepack. I really liked the DokuCraft texturepack in Minecraft, I still use it, and it's amazing. It's even greater that someone thought to port it to terraria! Even though you already have reference sprites (that are already pretty close to terraria sprites), I can see how it could take forever to make something like this.
    *looks at date of original post* August 2nd. That's before I put my pack up... How did I miss this amazing work of art? It looks like you've gotten most, if not all the tiles finished in, what, 4 months? That's pretty impressive, least to me. Once again, keep up the good work.
    P.S. By the waaay... When I put the "How does this guy do it?" part, it means something along the lines of, how did you port the sprites so flawlessly? Because we all know minecraft uses 16x16 (or 32x32 in this case) sprites, and shrinking it down to 8x8 pixels perfectly is hard to do. Along with changing each individual frame? that's preeetty impressive if you ask me (course, I've only partially completed my pack, and it's only been a few weeks since I started, and my first one as well, so don't think I'm some big shot professional or something like that [I've said that already haven't I...])

14. dubca7

dubca7 Demon Eye

Thanks for the feedback, I will do some more work on them when all the tiles are done :)

Holy crap, that was one big reply :p I'm one of the Dokucraft the saga continues contributors, so that's why I go for the same look. Thanks for the support ;)

15. ColonyDrone8

ColonyDrone8 Cave Bat

No prob XD I tend to make big replies on packs with my reviews :p Unless there's some big misunderstanding in which case the pack's original creator starts to troll, flame, and bait me without listening to my points in which I say that it's a misunderstanding and poor wording on my side, along with whatever comes up. Usually they don't stop though :/
    Word of Advice: If any trolls come here, although I hope there never are, deal with it diplomatically, never flip your handle, and report them the instant they come. Guide them to the rules thread as well just in case they haven't read them, although they should have.
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/forum-rules-read-these-before-posting.20786/

EDIT: I just found out how I can use this without screwing up my schedule. I always use TerrariaTexturePack at school since I can't open terraria normally through steam (while at school) and I don't sprite at school anyways, so if I put this into my Images2 Folder, then I'll be able to play Terraria with these sprites without wasting time to switch the textures.

16. dubca7

dubca7 Demon Eye

Version 1.1 is released, it includes all the bricks in the game and almost all the backgrounds! Enjoy :)

17. Tycholarfero

Tycholarfero Demon Eye

I love you.

Also, for the unknown blocks, I know what they are.
    130 and 131 are the activestone blocks (The ones that if you place wire through them, they turn on and off (Vague, I know))
    140 is Demonite Brick

18. dubca7

dubca7 Demon Eye

Thank you, I will take a look at them later and see if they match what they are :) Merry Christmas !

19. bombergag

bombergag Green Slime

can you make the armor and tools and weapons and guns etc. change? coz ive been finding a texture pack that change everything, but not the bosses the bosses look fine at there owm texture pack (P.S. this is kinda better than zelda). will you accept it? btw omfg love the blocks and background

20. dubca7

dubca7 Demon Eye

I'm creating stuff as I go along, can't promise exactly what I will re-draw.