Terraria Smooth Texture Pack [by ShadowDX]

Discussion in 'Released Texture Packs' started by ShadowDX, Nov 5, 2011.

1. ShadowDX Clinger

[IMG]

Back with 1.2.1.2 version!
    ~Preview vesion~

This texture pack is not yet completed, but the only thing left to do are items!
    (the biggest group of sprites)
    Link to the download can be found on the bottom, have fun and tell me what you think about it!

What this texture pack changes?
    Show Spoiler
    Show Spoiler

Terraria (original textures)
    [IMG]
    Terraria "STP"
    [IMG]

Set_, Hiarni, Levi1208 and 15 others like this.
  2. blackarrow Green Slime

Nice, I started doing something like this too a while ago, but I got lazy and never finished it...

Did you do it by hand (pixel by pixel) or have you used a filter or a program?
  3. ShadowDX Clinger

Actually i used Paint.NET [not paint] with Oil painting, pasted ON the old textures and erased little annoying pixels with technique you called one by one beacuse in every texture pixel 1x1 dissapeared ^^" so i had to use pencil ^^"

You can use paint.net to make reaaaally cool things ;D now i'm working for Wakfu textures [i spotted that a lot of people wants that - but no one ever even started making it ...]
  4. Darre Green Slime

Such a subtle change made such a difference aesthetically. Nice work.
  5. Emiya Shirou Squirrel

This pack reminds me of the old option in snes emulator that smoothened the graphics just like you did here and it looked amazing :3

I will definitely try this, Good Job!
  6. zxoz Green Slime

I Use Paint.Net M yself, But i Have a Problem, The Oil Painting setting Always Erases, Instead Of Actually Drawing, But i Always have 2 Backups. Why?
  7. Terraria maniac Green Slime

what is paint.net does it help i want to make sprites but dont know how
  8. ShadowDX Clinger

zxoz - it should looks like this:

Oil Painting

Brush size:
    o---------------------- [ 1 ]
    Coarseness:
    ----o------------------ [50]

That's how i make it - but if you want to use it - make sure you duplicated layers before you use that tool [use it on Layer 2] - Oil Painting erases pixels on edges in some tiles :p
    [Sorry for my English, i'm from poland :p]

The newest Paint.Net you can find here.

Terraria maniac, Paint.Net is program like photoshop, but better - it hasn't got so much tools, but it's definitely easier, and it has very useful options for editing textures for games...
    Ini likes this.
  9. Terraria maniac Green Slime

ok thanks shadow
  10. blackarrow Green Slime

Did you just say Paint.net is better than Photshop?
    You can't just say that a program which is free is better than a 200$ one. You can prefer one over another as much as you like.
    Photoshop takes some time to master, but it's immesurably better. Although for pixel-art Paint.NET is a lot simpler and that's why I use it for instead of Photoshop.
  11. Mangoini Green Slime

It, it, its so smooth!
  12. Puppetmaster Green Slime

I can hardly tell the difference. Sorry.
  13. Mr.Person Moth

A-Mazing. Downloading now. Thanks!
  14. ShadowDX Clinger

blackarrow ...
    Some websites want to pay for accounts or they are using surveys [pay for sms] and sites like mediafire don't want money from you [if you want you can pay, of course] but does that mean Mediafire is worse?

So ...

Photoshop has more tools, Yes! but when i opened it ... i used only 9-10 of them, and i made about 20 textures that were like ... junk ... Sometimes Expensive doesn't mean better ...

AND i didn't tell that it is better, but it is better for editing textures in games ...

PS: Puppet ... if everyone exept you see, why won't you look at screenshots and on your terraria ... then tell me if you see the diffrence ...
  15. Puppetmaster Green Slime

Your signature is way too big.
  16. ShadowDX Clinger

Is it better now? :p
    Someone knows how to save textures in xnb?
    I'm using Twisted mod for faster testing textures [spawn item/mob] :p it's a little ... you know ... i have to run twiste, make 5-6 items i'm testing and run texture pack ... then back twisted ... and that's starting annoying me a little ...
    I just want to know how to IMPORT them to xnb, i've already got the EXPORTER ...
  17. Caution Zombie

What exactly was done to the textures? I could sit here all day and not notice anything different to them.
  18. ShadowDX Clinger

Oh god ...

Original textures:
    [IMG]
    My textures:

[IMG]
    And if you're blind [i hope not]
    Just look at desert, ok?
  19. LimeLimes Green Slime

You did a good job.
  20. Puppetmaster Green Slime