Terraria: Where does the age line go?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Comea Cosmos, Nov 30, 2011.

?

Is there an invisible age line for terraria?

Yes. 5 vote(s) 5.1%
Naw. 93 vote(s) 94.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comea Cosmos Devourer

Hi, I'm an average 13 year old, just like many others.
    And i'm really wondering where the age line goes. You see, making jokes about pedobear when you are 21-30 is creepy. I also feel very sorry for those people who have a family and play terraria, as it seems that those people put games before their kids. Playing in multiplayer with a grown up who is using slang like "xD" and ":p" is kinda weird. Aren't you supposed to grow out games like this?
    It's like you come to a playground for 5 year olds and start jumping and hopping all over the slides.
    So..... what do you think?
  2. Fokkusu Green Slime

It depends on the person. I grew out of playing FPS, and into RPG's and now, I only really play Terraria and Skyrim.
    My family always said I'd grow out of it, but I think I'll prove them wrong. ;)
    I know someone in their 40's with a child who is... not the most mature guy I know... Still fun to play with.
  3. Fisherr Green Slime

I would say no there is not an age line for terraria, it is just a game for people of any age to enjoy. And adults who have a family and still play terraria i very much doubt put it before there kids, they will just play for fun when they have free time.
    Fokkusu likes this.
  4. MerchantDrake The cannibal Heir to the throne

I don't pretty much care about the "Age line" My dad plays Terraria With me and We chat and he uses xD, xP :p :D Alot. Can't the elderly enjoy a game as awesome as terraria?
    Rich, Senotaki, lambo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Minuet Melody Green Slime

You are never too old to have fun!

With that said, there are a lot of people my age (in their early 20's) that I know of who enjoy Terraria - as well as myself. If you take care of your responsibilities I see no issue there.
  6. Bulbasaur Green Slime

If adults make a game, put an age restriction on a game, and program them, I don't see why people think they shouldn't play them. So no.
  7. Deltalon Eskimo Zombie

What age line?
  8. Blue Lit Spore Zombie

like minecraft, it's for all ages i belive, the Elderly can have fun aswell as children.
  9. Thomas Hanauer Green Slime

I think the OP left no doubt about his age. It's like coming to a mall and see a lot of spoiled kids complaining that there are grown-ups hanging around. If it was for that, kids shouldn't be playing ANY fps that contains blood and gore. A game is a game, age don't have nothing to do with it (unless you play something like Hello Kitty and stuff).

Anyway, I'm 19.
  10. Pigfish Squirrel

In all honesty, I do not wish to "grow out" of anything I find entertaining at this point in my life. If I'm playing games now, I believe I'll want to play them a decade from now, or two or three decades. Maybe longer than that.
    I don't believe there is an age line for Terraria. People of all ages play it - from 5 years old to well over 40 years old and some older or younger than that. It's a game. Games are meant to be enjoyed. What, where, how, why, when you play them is your business.
  11. Par4d0x Dark Caster

There isn't really a age line... especially for gaming. It's more about what they like, I just love video games in gereral so I would play anything that intrests me. If an adult likes a game like... Sesame Street for example then what's to stop them from playing it right? Age shouldn't restrain you from playing games you enjoy. Terraria is a fun game where everyone can enjoy, whether it's exploring, building, or collecting, and like Minuet Melody said you are never too old to have fun :D
  12. Wired Floaty Gross

The age line is A wife in my opinion! The second you have a wife gaming stops! Thats when you have a family! And a family is Waaaay more inportant!

Edit: Unless your making money off gaming! Then your living the dream *cough* Yogscast *cough*
    Comea Cosmos likes this.
  13. lambo Illuminant Slime

depends on the wife. sure family is more important an all but that doesn't mean that you can't still be a gamer at the same time of course when children are younger it's very hard to be a gamer from what my uncle and dad have told me.
  14. Comea Cosmos Devourer

If you game at an age of more than 40.... that proves that you don't have any personal life.
    And that really, really sucks.
  15. Blackrook Green Slime

Thanks :) I'm 40 and play this with my 8 year old daughter.

I don't see anything different of us doing this together than playing Lego or Monopoly together.
    As long as we spend time together and both have fun -and at least theres a bit of creativeness
    in Terraria as its the building hpises we like.

Marriage and Children may mean you have less hours to game
    (eg I dont play to 3am like I used to when I was 20) but variety is EVERYTHING in life
    A little bit of lots of different things makes like more interesting.
    lambo, Senotaki and Omnir like this.
  16. Wired Floaty Gross

Yeh if your wife is a gamer gal.. then game. But kids are the dead ball line! if you cross it your out! Even if your making money, your wife loves it... I would never want to infect a child with terraria addiction especially my own child!

Edit: This isn't a jibe at you blackrook i was typing this before i read your post.. This is my opinion not meaning to offend!
  17. Comea Cosmos Devourer

Yes, true.
    Gaming can bring your family together, but i'm talking about people who sit in front of the screen 24/7
    and completely ignore everything around them.
  18. Thomas Hanauer Green Slime

That's the same thing that implying that if you have a sexual life before your 18, you have no childhood.

So I'm a no-childhood and a no-personal-life-40-old to be.

Grow up, man.
  19. Gameinsky Penguin

There's no age line, but it does feel weird for 30+ playing games that a lot of teenagers play because it's a true fact that most parents can't keep up with games of this generation, but I'm glad families play together on terraria :)
  20. eil Green Slime

i wonder: when author of topic(or anyone sharing opinion "games for kids") will be around 40, will he just say "ow damn, i'm too grown up to play.. that's the end -no more games" ?:rolleyes: i doubt anyone saying "playing grown ups have no life and it sucks" ever thought of this. :cool:
    mandu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.