Terraria's Official Console Trailer

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Kane, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kane Administrator

Just noticed that the Console trailer has been posted on Andrew's (Redigit's) Youtube account:

Please keep the conversation civilized. We don't mind people having debates and such, just keep it mature and civilized.
    violentpurge09 likes this.
  2. Kane Administrator

I just want to personally say and this of course is my opinion. Good for Andrew. Andrew created an amazing game we all loved and we bought it at such a cheap cost and not only that he provided us with a few really nice updates for free. I'm like the next guy and would love to see more PC updates but in the end I got more then my moneys worth and I just want to thank Andrew for making one my favorite PC Games.

Now 505 Games has a opportunity to earn some cash and clearly Andrew will also earn a bit more. He made something amazing and he deserves to milk it for what its worth.

On topic of the trailer its self it was not to badly done. It was a bit odd for being a long time Terraria player having it overly epiced out for something that seems standard and simple. But then again for the first time people seeing Terraria I bet this is a pretty epic moment.

PS: I wanted to add this to the topic. For people who are wondering if I had and 360 I would for sure buy this game at full price no questions asked. Just saying I love Terraria a lot.
    TerrariaHelp and Cricket like this.
  3. W1K Suika Ibuki's CYAN Knight

This has been overdiscussed some time ago I guess, but whatever.

The trailer is really well done, nothing really much to say. Sure pretty motivating for new Terraria players. It is still disappointing to have the new contents not coming on PC, but I don't care, I'll eventually move on to Starbound anyway and the game is as complete as it is.

I am kind of fine with Redigit getting still more credits for his awesome work, one of the best games I ever play'd and bla bla bla those things, but it kind of pisses me off for him to get such more credits by just accepting a random request from another company to "continue his work", while he didn't even keep his fakkin promise to release the last bug fix. Yeah, I know, a bug fix ain't a shit, but good attemp to keep the community together. Pretty good, seriously. Sarcasm included.

Nothing bad against 505 obviously, hope they will make an awesome work and continue where Redigit lazily stopped without getting on the "i dun give a shet lol" train as he did, but I don't think they will, they seem like doing an awesome job already, they have probably already been around more than Redigit was.
  4. Kane Administrator

Yeah I felt there might be some kind of debate starting up when I was sleeping so I wanted to throw in my point of view and hoping people read it before getting upset. This was mainly triggered after seeing all the replies on the Youtube video.. Pretty shameful.
  5. TerrariaHelp Squirrel

Hell yeah!!

edit: I fully agree with Kane, despite no more PC updates, people shouldn't criticize a console port. A whole new spectrum of players will be able to play Terraria now and it will also enable Redigit to make a bit more money. After all, we only paid a small sum of money for a game and received content updates until the game was deemed 'complete'. People almost expect indie developers to provide a lifetime of free updates. Even though that sounds extremely appealing, it is not obligatory.
  6. W1K Suika Ibuki's CYAN Knight

I am not sure how much I can tell it is shameful. I can admit I got pretty disappointed too when the first announce happened. I have not seen the video's replies, but I doubt they would be worse than the awesome ones we already have in various threads and on the facebook page. Even if it's a shame, it could've been pretty easily prevented. No, I'm not saying Red is a bad developer, he even admits he's bad at PR, but he surely did some pretty stupid errors.
    walllster and Bullseye55 like this.
  7. AzureMetal Fungi Bulb

Huh, thought this was posted kind of awhile ago.

It sure, uh, makes the game appear better than it is. I mean. It's a very fun game but it's sorta misleading for there to be 3D pixelated graphics zooming in and out of biomes showing depth and having a player look into the horizon, then when you get the game it's only 2D left and right. I hope 505 can improve on some of Terraria's poor graphics but I guess that's what texture packs are for. I hope they work for the port.

If they continue to update the game and if the new content is worth it I'll get the port. I just think the game nees to focus on fixing before adding new things.
  8. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Lol, "new trailer".
  9. InvisibleClarity Corruptor

inb4 shitstorm

Anyway, good to see that... this... exists? It's a trailer.
  10. Kane Administrator

Yeah I derped I did not mean brand new but as in new on his account. I think the last time it was posted on another youtube account?
  11. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Yes and a thread here. Made by 505
  12. AaronC Spriter

This trailer has been put up on the front page already, I fail to see the point in this, other than the fact that it was redigit who uploaded that trailer to youtube, and nothing more...

And the youtube comments are like what the forums were like during the shitstorm... it was a sight I wish I never got to see again. :[

The last thing I want to see is that stupid stuff about consoles going on in the forums again. :p
  13. Classikly Flying Snake

Why is this here now?
  14. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Demilogic just uploaded it. Kane saw it. Featured it.
  15. Kane Administrator

For chat!!!! So we can talk!
    Omnir likes this.
  16. Wolfzx99 Cursed Man

Hey, I'd gladly pay another $10 for more updates. Of course, it would be very unhealthy; I have more than 280 hours of playtime in Terraria (though it is spread out over a lot of time).
  17. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

... Well this is awkward.
  18. Classikly Flying Snake

Is everything okay Kane?
  19. Kane Administrator

Good, TBH, depressed I don't get enough submissions for CC every week. I want to keep the CC rolling since there has not been much to talk about.
  20. nababoo Dark Caster

Hopefully things will pick up after the console port is done.