That's no moon... Its a Space Station!

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by oSIVo, Jan 20, 2013.

1. oSIVo Face Monster

Yes, that is correct, the next big project of mine will be a full map (medium) rebuild, into a functional space station or death star!

I'll update progress as it is made, and may host it up and/or release it to the public for adding into as well. I am using Tedit for the major map work, with tweaking done in game if needed. I would like you all's input on rooms, systems and whatnot to include in the station. Thanks!

Time to get to work....

Reference Photo -
    [IMG]

Obviously I will only do 1/2 to simulate it being round, somehow....
    KKslida and PuLSe like this.
  2. PuLSe Cactus King

I'm in.:)
    kalvindeane likes this.
  3. oSIVo Face Monster

Hrm... I already forsee a problem with geometry. Making a sphere into a rectangle....

I think I'll make the hell layer, the entire length, the core center, and just "stretch" the station along the surface layers. I think that will be the most emersive, and I can get all the parts into it :)
  4. PuLSe Cactus King

Whoa, that is very cool:cool:

There should be a flight deck somewhere for shuttle craft... maybe at its equator on the left side...
  5. oSIVo Face Monster

A little update....

The small map plan will not work. Too many things to fit in there, and the scale will be completely off. So I'll be stripping out a medium sized world for it, instead. LOTS more work for that to happen. Tedit is going to get a workout....
  6. PuLSe Cactus King

Man, I thought you'd have that thing done by now...:rolleyes:

It IS good to know that it's moving forward.
  7. SilverBird Blood Crawler

last time i saw someone make a death star... it was a small circle of hellstone bricks... it only took up about 1/4 of my screen.
  8. oSIVo Face Monster

yeah... this one is going to be the WHOLE map.

And I'll have screens once there is something organized to report....
  9. Voyager Crimera

Sounds epic
  10. KKslida Eskimo Zombie

I remember when I tired to start this...then realized...I don't have even half the time to do it xD
    good luck though oSIVo, see you next year :p jk
  11. Jaguargirl Clinger

Wow, good luck to ya. I'm gonna drop a few pieces of dynamite down that one shaft :p
  12. PuLSe Cactus King

Just spitballin' here, but that thing may need the jail cell area with a 'secret' drop to the garbage bin... and either a snakelike creature in there, or at least an eye on a stalk sticking out of the water...
  13. oSIVo Face Monster

I'm thinking of doing it like you kinda did Pulse, set up areas to be completed, and let the community finish it up :)

But yeah, it will take ALOT of time. I may never get it done, but I need something to keep the juices flowing.
  14. PuLSe Cactus King

Works for me! As I said in my first post above, I'm in! I'll call the reservation desk...