Pre 1.2 The Corruption and Hallow is scaring me...

Discussion in 'PC' started by Kalkerith, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Kalkerith Green Slime

I just got to Hardmode, and after a bit of exploring, I noticed that there is a huge Hallowed biome to my east right next to my jungle. The hallow has already eaten up a desert of mine, and it's slowly spreading more and more. I live on a snowy mountain and to the west is the corruption. Sunflowers no longer protect me, so I put down some Hallowed seeds to stop the Corruption, but now i'm afraid everything is going to be engulfed in the Hallow. I feel like the mountain is slowly being pushed by the Hallow on both sides. What do I do? :(
  2. Nawe^^ Squirrel

Why is this on a suggestion forum?
    Anyway Hallow is not that bad, the NPCs can stay in the house and mobs doesn't spawn near then(unless it's blood moon)
    If you really want to stop you need to dig a little deep on corruption and hallow edges and put wood/bricks to stop, some vile powder/purification powder will also help ^^
  3. Triforce Flying Snake

No need to worry, neither corruption nor hallow can affect snow.
  4. nababoo Dark Caster

Snow is probably the best surface biome against the forces of both Corruption and Hallow.

Not even the pesky Corruptors can touch the ground there.
  5. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Live in the Hallows. It's not like there's any monster there that can actually kill you past Cobalt armor, unless you're one of those "stay put and spam sword/arrow/magick attacks!" players.

Else, build a base down in the Underworld. Yes, you can have your base surrounded by snow down there, too. ;)
    nababoo likes this.
  6. Jason_Hero Green Slime

I live in the hallow. Not that bad. except for gastropods. I plan on hallowing the entire world.
  7. Looky95 Cursed Man

Build a wall of wood that is 3 wide and goes underground slightly and neither of the biomes can get in
  8. dodo6470 Demon Eye

The Hallow isn't that bad of a biome, except for the gastropods. This biome is the opposite of the corruption, happy and peaceful while corruption is deadly and fierce some. I would recommend living in the Hallowed because it stops corruption from spreading. :D
  9. Shaun Dark Caster

Hallowed and Corruption can spread 4-5 squares away, and dig itself underground and bypass pretty much any artificial means of stopping them.
    But if you really want to slow the progress of either down, use Lava :cool:
    The biomes attempt to spread across the surface, and succeed for about .05 seconds, and then the lava burns the grass back off :p
  10. Space Sphere Dark Caster

Shaun forgets that a simple 4 thick wall cuts off all spread, and that LAVA or a relatively flat surface won't work very well.
  11. Shaun Dark Caster

Yes, but my point is; using a bucket of lava seems to be far more effective than just lining the top layer of soil with non-corruptable material. As in, maybe the corruption/hallowed will attempt to spread via the path of least resistance first (IE across surface) and then go down from there. The lava scorches the new grass grown to attempt to spread, where as a wall/other blockage wouldn't be a valid target for spreading (and perhaps going down/up/skip?)

As for having to dig down and placing a 4 thick layer, if you're digging it out, technically you don't need to place anything there, as an empty hole works just as well as a wooden wall.
  12. Looky95 Cursed Man

I don't live in either :) I managed to stop it
  13. Space Sphere Dark Caster

An empty gap WOULD work as well if corrupter spit and vile thorns (those plants that grow) didn't spread it over gaps.
  14. moosemunch Doctor Bones

Well, If you're in a snow biome, then you're safe.
    But the Hallow is 5,000 times better than the corruption.
    All enemies are easy(except for the gastropods,) especially the unicorns.
    Jump jump jump over them and they're dead.
  15. dodo6470 Demon Eye

Well, your world is 100% pure :D
  16. DarkCore1967 Yellow Slime

i just removed my corruption with the gugnir and the the purification powder
    no hacks. i have stone chasms now

0% corruption but that was a time ago
  17. GooglyMaya Zombie

Either Corruption or Hallow will be generated to your house...So make a backup houses for yours... Snow biome is the best biome cause nor corruption or hallow will spread to it... Jungle is a good biome for it too but will spawn monsters like anglers, possesed ,etc...So just do a snow biome(if you even have one in your world)...So I recommend the snow biome like what nababoo said:
    Smiles:)
  18. PsiPwnage11 Mouse

Hallow isn't necessarily bad, because your NPC's can at least still be able to live there, unlike Corruption, where it just kicks NPCs out of their home.

If you really want it to stop, get a Hamdrax and drill a 3-6 block chasm to the underworld.
  19. xXDiehardXx Snatcher

Live in the underworld, it's the safest place in Hardmode. :)
  20. GooglyMaya Zombie

Lol When you summon the wall of flesh the WoF will kill your Npc's