The Dungeon Tower

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Lucama221, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Lucama221 Dungeon Guardian

_Welcome to The Dungeon Tower RP, this is loosely based on the prologue of my Terraria fan fiction. If you haven't read it this is the back story for this.

_After five long decades of war the last bastion of humanity in the south has fallen, the shining walls of Arius crumbled and forgotten. The northern kingdoms fleeing into the mountains, setting up fortresses and bastions inside the great titans with the help of their dwarven brethren. This is the last island off the mainland of Terraria, if this falls then Terraria is doomed with it. But a few great adventurers stayed behind, setting up the last points of defence against the demonic Caste. Though not all untied the adventurers all have one goal in mind, the destruction of their demonic adversaries, and saving their mainland brethren.

_These adventures will be later documented and written in the story section as a bards tale.

_To apply go to this page and fill out the application form:
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/the-dungeon-tower-ooc-and-application-thread.81997/

_Every now and again a special event will take place, it can be a merchant/weapon- or armour-smith arriving, invasion, a war. When that happens your character must fulfil the specific requirements, money to buy from the merchant, be near the war or invasion and so on. Every time the even happens it will be me posting with Bold and Italic writing. Like this.
    _This is my first RP thread that I started so any and all constructive criticism or suggestions will be taken in and possibly used. For now I will keep the amount of people in the thread small, and allow only the people with the best Backgrounds through. Other than that I hope you have fun.

The Members so far are as follows:
    Lucama221(owner) as Luca, The Lady of Shadows (Elf Vampire)
    DoomFire(admin) as Lynell (Human)
    nogloxiator as Nogloxiator(half-Human/Goblin)
    Jesusfreak54 as Evoik(Human Merman)
    Daniel Kill as Dan Recon/Knightwalker(Human)
    Mercenary Lord(admin) as Alan EarraĆ­ (half-human/dimension elemental)
    Jesusfreak54 and nogloxiator like this.
  2. Lucama221 Dungeon Guardian

Name: Luca, The Lady of Shadows
    Sex: Female
    Background:
    Born into a rich background in her old elven forests Luca knew only luxury in her life, but that slowly changed when humans invaded the land of Terraria and started chopping down the forests to build their barbaric settlements. After one particularly nasty raid on the forest where Luca lived her father was shot by the humans advanced weaponry they stole from the dwarves, the bullet pierced his heart and dispersed into his body. Even their greatest healers couldn't stop his death, but right before he died he told Luca something, he said "Do not hate the humans, they do not understand their fate..." after that he fell limp in her hands. After the funeral Luca sought out the greatest and most destructive tome know to the elven mages. The Blood Book, after finding it she used the power to gain the knowledge of the ancient vampires from which elves descended, and learnt of the Caste. She took her fathers words into her heart, and though better than to tell the humans. She later became an elven ambassador and was the first to negotiate peace with the humans, stopping thier wars. They stopped chopping their forests in exchange they were taught magic by the elves. Luca grew tired and fled from her home forest seeking out other like her, but when she found them she became enraged. They were feral, almost like bats, she killed and entire flock of them before settling in their territory, later her exploits were heard of by humans who praised her as a saviour. She gathered followers who too read from The Blood Book and became her kin, some were elves and some others humans. She kept them hidden in their forest and waited for the arrival of the Caste. Their stronghold now stands as the only non-Caste controlled territory in the south, while she travels to the far north to aid in the struggles there.
    Appearance:
    Pink flowing hair
    Pale red skin
    Grey eyes
    High pointed ears
    Relatively short
    Personality and Alignment: Chaotic Good, Wise, Emotional, Distrusting, Quiet
    Race: Elven Vampire
    Weapons Proficiency: Daggers, Chakrams, Bows, Faeblades
    Armour: Light armour (leather, studded leather, animal scales, bone)
    Crafting Skills: Fletching
    Starting Items: Blood Daggers, Enchanted Chakrams, Leather Armour, 100 Dragon Bone arrows, Boil Poison (1 stack) and Regeneration Potion (1 stack)
    nogloxiator likes this.
  3. DoomFire Blazing Wheel

Hey, I haven't done many Roleplays before. I hope my app is good enough.

Also he might sound like his armour and tome is pretty powerful. But they could be pretty useless until he either discovers how to use them or unlocks their power. Also he might constantly get annoyed at the unpredictable-ness of his equipment and try use other things.

Name: Lynell (Lie-nell)
    Sex: Male

Background:
    Lynell was quiet when growing up. he didn't have many friends and was constantly tutored in magic by the elves. he was only 12 when his parents left him, they left fighting for his life against a Caste raid. living close to the threat his whole life he was prepared, Once the raid was over and the Caste had done spreading fear and destruction he quickly and quietly ran from his shelter to take supplies and valuables. He managed to find his parents. curled together covered in blood and muck, he hadn't any time for sorrow right now. He took the key to the basement from his once fathers remains and quickly ran down finding a suit of armor and a cloak, a valuable looking book, a strange mask and food and potions to last him at least a month. Since then he has been travelling the wilderness, slaying beasts, only eating when he needed too, making the best of friendship when he can. Always holding his Tome to his side and his mask to his face. in remembrance of his parents.

Appearance: He usually wears a rugged looking cloak and a mask unless he is with someone he trusts or is in a position where he feels safe. he has white hair and pale skin that has become a little darker because of constant travel across the wilderness in dirt.

Personality and Alignment: He is good. He has a serious problem with caste. Anything claiming to be caste he will want to kill. He is untrusting, although when trust has been found he can be a little easier to persuade, He does like friendship once the trust barrier is broken and likes to be social. He is extremely inexperienced but has a good mind for magic.

Race: Human if possible (I dont know if in the story you meant that the humans are long gone or if they just retreated.)

Weapons Proficiency: Magic, He has a spell tome that gives him lots of magical power although he doesn't know it yet.

Armour: He wears a special armor that he wears beneath his cloak, the armor is crafted with an unknown silk, and a very thin metal that is as white as bone, Its light and seems to make him faster and stronger when in need.

Crafting Skills: He is useless when it comes to making things. he couldn't make a pile of rocks if it meant he could slaughter a mob of caste.

Starting Items: A small Steel dagger. A spell tome. an armour he nicknamed "Necro armor" because its made of metal white like bone and a white mask. 1 stack of Healing potions and another of Mana potions.
    nogloxiator likes this.
  4. The Necro Mage Green Slime

Umm my first roleplay so here goes.

Name:Jackson
    Sex:Male

Backround:He was an orphan and never did get adopted. But once some idiot broke a shadow orb at night and a meteor smashed the orphange (meteor actually smashed my house once). Jackson was the only survivor. So went into the restricted area to find a water bolt, enchanted boomerang and a set of wizard clothes. He had and urge to destroy stuff.

Appearance: Fish Bowl, with Wizard Robe carrying a blue torch.

Personality and Alignment:Evil, and wants to overthrow the WoF take over Hell. Also he is fast and can jump high. Last he wants to kill the idiot that smashed the orb. In his mind stupid people should not live.

Race: Demon

Weapon Proficiency: Magic, He spent 30 days collecting stars and only still has 4 mana stars.

Armour: Gold Greaves, Wizard Robe, and Wizard Hat.

Crafting Skills: Only good for making armor. He can make armor out of any material exept dirt and wood and un-forgable stuff.

Starting Items: Water Bolt, Enchanted Boomarang, 3 Mana Crystals, Stack of Lesser Healing Potion and Invisibility Potion.

Hope to get accepted.
  5. Lucama221 Dungeon Guardian

Accepted, also most humans have retreated but some (like yourself) have stayed behind to try to cleanse the land of the land of the Caste (Corrupt Legion). Also there is no overpowered in a fight for survival. By armour I meant armour proficiency, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Please make the background longer and a bit more in detail. What is the restricted area, why was he never adopted? The armour note goes for you too. There is no mana in this roleplay, it's just that if you cast too much magic you become exhausted and can't fight any more, or you completely black out. You can have non-terraria magical items too.
  6. nogloxiator Fire Imp

My first application, hope this goes well.

Name: Nogloxiator

Background:
    He apparently grew up under the care of his grandfather, a half-goblin with a knack for gizmos. In order to save Nogloxiator ( due to his asthma), he created a machine to replace his lungs. Now surviving off a machine, he joins the fight against the Caste in hope of finding a permanent power source (he currently runs off slime gel). He lacks friends, due to his odd appearance (see appearance), and no memory of his parents. He believes they are dead due to works of the Caste, and will stop at nothing to get his revenge.

Appearance:
    He is pale, with a hint of green, and has completely black eyes. He is thin, and the only thing showing the presence of a machine is a small port in his chest and a mechanical whirring noise. He has brown hair, and pinched ears, pointed downward at the end.

Personality:
    He is quiet, and quite solemn. He is good, and expresses great hate for the Caste. He is loyal, but it is hard to gain his trust.

Race:
    Human-goblin

Weapon proficiency:
    Any mechanical object

Armor:
    No armor,other than utility belt

Crafting skills:
    Can make machines and, given enough time, robots

Starting items:
    Copper short-sword, some wire, and an inactive robot

Hope its OK.
  7. DoomFire Blazing Wheel

Also if I may add something onto this. This isn't a specifically 'Terraria' roleplay. so you don't need almost every detail terraria related. Like you can keep it like that if you want. But if you would like to be more creative with your character then you can be.

Also thank you for accepting me! And thats cool, Its clear now (I think).
  8. Jesusfreak54 Green Slime

Name: Evoik
    Background: Born into a poor family living in a wooden shack in the forest, Evoik was constantly exploring the forests, mines, and once the dungeon. A goblin squad came to his house one day and murdered his parents, but his little sister disappeared. He vowed vengeance against all who served the Caste. He went into the secret basement his father had built and gathered up all of his father's weapons and armor. That day, he set out on a life-long journey to destroy the Caste once and for all.
    Appearance: Blond, spiky hair.
    Tanned skin, tall and strong.
    Green eyes.
    Personality and Alignment: Noble and good, he refuses to participate in any kind of sin. He is the knight in shining armor.
    Race: Human, merman.
    Weapons Proficiency: Very good with the sword, and okay with the megashark. He also uses the Light Disc.
    Armour Proficiency: Heavy armor.
    Crafting Skills: He crafts wooden items, but not very good with anything fancy except weapons and armor.
    Starting Items: Excalibur and megashark. Enchanted light disk. Hallowed armor. 2oo ammo, Ironskin potion and greater health potion.
  9. Jesusfreak54 Green Slime

Hope i get accepted!
  10. Lucama221 Dungeon Guardian

Good application, ACCETPED! Just a little thing, they aren't robots, but more automatons since they run off either magic or slime gel.

Right a couple things with this:
    1) The dungeon isn't part of the land yet, the Caste create it.
    2)The goblins aren't part of the Caste.
    3)It's a line or two too short, you need to add a bit more detail.

Also DoomFire, I appoint you the admin of this RP, if you wish to do that. You can take care of the thread when I am not here, and once we have 4-5 characters in the RP you may choose to start it. I think that'd be a good idea since I am not in the same timezone as most you guys I don't think.
  11. DoomFire Blazing Wheel

Okay. Uhh, Thanks! I'l try my hardest. We have 3 at the moment right? I'l wait till we have 5 or if you decide to start it.
  12. nogloxiator Fire Imp

Thanks for the correction! I know I picked a somewhat weak starting kit in comparison to you and DoomFire, but copper is a great energy conductor.(I hope you can see where i am going). Thanks for accepting me!
  13. Jesusfreak54 Green Slime

Ok, I'll fix that later. Thanks.
  14. Lucama221 Dungeon Guardian

Yes, well it would be a bit ridiculous to start with a legendary sword if you can create machines, I understand completely. Just remember that because you have no armour most weapon strikes can be lethal to you, so you might want to play your character as a bit of a back line fighter.
  15. nogloxiator Fire Imp

Exactly. He would probably be a support, just like you said. Of course, the automatons would make up for his lack of brute force. Thanks for not having goblins as part of the Caste.
  16. Lucama221 Dungeon Guardian

You might want to combine your posts, you can get infractions for double posting.
  17. nogloxiator Fire Imp

Thank you- can't wait for the RP to get started! Only a few more decent applications!
  18. Jesusfreak54 Green Slime

Name: Evoik
    Background: Born into a poor family living in a wooden shack in the forest, Evoik was constantly exploring the forests and the small abandoned mine near his house. One day he was exploring said mine. On that same day, Caste squad came to his house one day and murdered his parents, but his little sister disappeared. The last word's he remembered his father saying was, "You'll never get it! It belongs to our family, and it always will." Evoik vowed vengeance against all who served the Caste. He went into the secret basement his father had built and gathered up all of his father's weapons and armor. His father's sword, Excalibur, contained a powerful spirit, enhancing his fighting abilities and giving him the ability to sense evil around him. That day, he set out on a life-long journey to destroy the Caste once and for all.
    Appearance: Blond, spiky hair.
    Tanned skin, tall and strong.
    Green eyes.
    Personality and Alignment: Noble and good, he refuses to participate in any kind of sin. He is the knight in shining armor.
    Race: Human, merman.
    Weapons Proficiency: Very good with the sword, and okay with the megashark. He also uses the Light Disc.
    Armour Proficiency: Heavy armor.
    Crafting Skills: He crafts wooden items, but not very good with anything fancy except weapons and armor.
    Starting Items: Excalibur and megashark. Enchanted light disk. Hallowed armor. 2oo ammo, Ironskin potion and greater health potion. He mostly uses Excalibur.
  19. Lucama221 Dungeon Guardian

And seeing as I am here now I guess I'll start the RP officially. As I said, you do not have to group with me, you can go together in your own groups, or even separate. I will make one thing clear though. No matter how good your armour is, and no matter how powerful your spell you can die, and death is permanent.

Luca let a small sigh escape her as she climbed out of the cave she had hidden in. This was the fifteenth day she had been following the Caste army marching northward. She had preferred to catch up to them at night and stay hidden during the day, this was a massive army after all. She could sense a presence nearby, but not sure of who it was decided to keep her distance. For all she knew the Caste might be setting up rear guard now.
    "Ahhh, bollocks," she said rubbing the stiffness and soreness out of her body. "I bloody hate sleeping on rocks, hope I manage to find an outpost soon. This espionage is gonna be the bane of me."
  20. nogloxiator Fire Imp

Nogloxiator let out a small sigh. He remembered last nights events clearly. The smoke. The fire. And his grandfather's burnt body. He was running northward, in hope that the rumors of a resistance to the Caste where true. That's where his grandfather told him to go. A small tear escaped him. His whole family was now dead.