Pre 1.2 The It (Long, Story Based Adventure Map WIP)

Discussion in 'Work in Progress Maps' started by Stackerzgame, Nov 27, 2012.

?

Does this map sound interesting?

Yes, very 6 vote(s) 42.9%
Yes 3 vote(s) 21.4%
Somewhat 2 vote(s) 14.3%
Not really 1 vote(s) 7.1%
Hell naw 1 vote(s) 7.1%
Trololol 1 vote(s) 7.1%
  1. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

This will be an open world single player, long length adventure map.

Elements: This map is very much story based. I will tell you this for sure, it involves Aliens and Robots. It will be mostly based on adventuring, but along the way there will be problem solving, puzzles, and parkour challenges. There will also be the occasional dungeon with combat challenges.

The Story: You are a middle aged man who has just moved to an Island called Towana. You came to this Island from advertisements for people to come move to it. The natives of the Island are extremely nice, and the town is beautiful, seemingly perfect. But not all is as it seems. Travel to distant lands to find the truth. The continuation of humanity will depend on it. Discover clues and information that was right under your nose the whole time.

^ Very vague to exclude spoilers.

In this map I hope to find success in all the places I went wrong with Stopping the Darkness. This will be a lengthy open world map as well. But I hope to put an original, exciting story in a map for once. I also hope to improve on town structure, character dialogue, and town down the wiring from my last map. I want this map to be deep with good, developed characters.

Towana,
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

Other Places,
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]

Progress: I would say this map is about 3/4 done. Release will hopefully be around Christmas

Please leave any comments and thoughts you may have. Please, your comments give me motivation.
  2. Classikly Flying Snake

Geez, another one?
  3. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I get bored. But his one will most likely definitely get finished. I've already covered much of the small world, about 75 percent. Also my ideas for the whole thing are already fully developed, I just need to execute them now.
  4. Classikly Flying Snake

Wasn't your last map the 'last map'?
  5. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

No, I don't think I said that. I don't know why I would either. I love making maps.
  6. connery0 The Wiremancer

"Discover clues and information that was right under your nose the whole time. "
    So the boss battle is under the house you spawn in? Got it

Now let's see what the rest of the map will be like :p
  7. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Lol, something like that.
    connery0 likes this.
  8. pionoplayer Giant Worm

wow. another map of the essence of pure awesome. you are the best map maker. (I like Dogat's better, but he only made one [not including his WIP])
  9. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Why thank you. I really hope you guys will like this one,
    Here's some more pics.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Somewhat of a story spoiler (open)
    [IMG]
  10. FireballJoe Eskimo Zombie

Here's some idea I think has made your last maps lame - Large, square, rooms. I noticed it in Stopping the Darkness and in Skyrim in Terraria. It makes the world much larger than ther is content to back up. You level designs were fine though I was put off by the wealth of floating houses (with no background 'supports') and uneven stairs. Other wise this looks good.
  11. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Yeah that's why I am working really hard on house design and city design. I pretty much cut out on all the pointless houses I've had in previous maps, saving a lot of space. Don't the pictures look better than my previous maps? Also I'm afraid uneven stairs will always happen, as I am far to lazy to do them right. Also I tried to make houses make sense this time, IE, no more floating houses. Also you won't be going to a place then never coming back. You will have to come back to many places on the map. Whether it's the start or end of the map. Thanks for the advice.
  12. FireballJoe Eskimo Zombie

Ya I did. This looks alot better, but not fully fixed. Don't get lazy though, you might suprised what the little things can do.
  13. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

I have been focusing very much on the small things. But I'm somewhat challanged when it comes to L shaped designs.
  14. pionoplayer Giant Worm

wow. I'ts easy. first you dray down like this... | then over like this - now let me show you the end result:
    [IMG]
    umm... on second thought... you do it.
    connery0 likes this.
  15. nogloxiator Fire Imp

This looks very cool. I hope I am right.
  16. pionoplayer Giant Worm

yep, you will be.
  17. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

For the sake of humanity, you better be.
    connery0 likes this.
  18. pionoplayer Giant Worm

if he's wrong then it will be YOUR fault, not ours.
  19. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

You think I have any control over this thing?
  20. Classikly Flying Snake

Of course not. It's not like you're creating it or anything.