The Ultimate Skeletron Slaying Guide.

Discussion in 'PC' started by VantagePoint, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VantagePoint Green Slime

Hello all, VantagePoint here.

I've seen a lot of threads, asking how to kill the current end-game boss in Terraria, Skeletron. So, I've decided to try and put an end to them, and write a dummies guide to taking him out. To do this, i've written it in a few steps.

Step one: Acquiring the equipment.

• First, you're going to need shadowscale armour or better. You can get this by slaying the other bosses in the game, and making the armour out of the shadowscales and demonite ore they drop.
    • You're then going to go into Hell world, and mine hellstone. To do this successfully, you're going to want to mine the hellstone while facing towards the fire blasts from the imps. If you have a demonite pickaxe, the pick will actually deflect the blasts while you mine the ore, making this very easy.
    • Make a full set of Molten armour.
    • Now you have two choices. You can get a friend to give you a Handgun (Acquired from the dungeon) and make a Phoenix Blaster (Handgun + Hellstone, Best weapon in game when used with Meteor Shot) Or you can make a Molten Fury (Bow) using Hellstone, and find around 250 arrows.
    • Craft a ton of Healing Potions using blue mushrooms at an alchemy station.

Step Two: Building the battle area.

• You're now going to find the dungeon, and dig up all the little notches on the roof, and make it flat.
    • Then you're going to take some dirt or whatever, and extend the roof as far as possible, making a long platform.

Step Three: Fighting him .

• Activate him at night, and immediately jump up onto the platform.
    • Begin shooting at him (With the weapon you have). Remember, never stop shooting unless you need to drink a potion
    • Keep your health above 50%. It's easy to lose track and die when you forget to drink potions.
    • When he does his main attack (rolling his head at you) Be sure to keep infront of him and run along the platform. Remember to keep firing.

I understand that it is easier said than done, but this is, in general, the best way to fight him. Using this, it will take you a maximum of 3 shots at it, before you get the hang of it and eventually beat him.

If anyone has any suggestions, and or guides/strategies of their own, please post them here, and lets try and form a database of Skeletron slaying information!
  2. VantagePoint Green Slime

3. Jaber Green Slime

Step 1: Create hellstone stuff and gear-roll him, also drink potions and don't get hit

Not a very helpful guide, honestly.
  4. VantagePoint Green Slime

Well, it appears most people don't know that, hence every second topic on here is asking how to kill him.
  5. Arkalius Squirrel

You don't need molten armor for this fight. Shadow armor worked for me. I basically just used my demonite bow with unholy arrows on him while he floats above me, then used the ball o hurt on him while he does his spinny-head thing. Make sure you have a good amount of health and take potions as needed. It's not the easiest fight but this seemed to work for me. Just make sure you start the fight just as night starts or you may run out of time.
  6. Foreshadowed Green Slime

Good guide, should be helpful for most. People shouldn't be so overly critical.

my tip: cloud in a bottle/balloon are both extremely helpful.
  7. Theliah Green Slime

I think we have enough Skeletron guides, but thanks.
  8. Maksago Cursed Skull

Really good, well written guide.
  9. Shane Tim

Step 1- Put on Molten armour.
    Step 2- Get a Phoenix Blaster with 500 meteorite shots.
    Step 3- Put on a Colbalt Shield
    Step 4- Aim
    Step 5- ???
    Step 6- Profit
  10. MarblePuppy Green Slime

You don't need molten armor, I used a set of meteor. Also you don't need a Phoenix Blaster. I used a Minishark. But if you do have the resources, then it is very helpful.
  11. Shaoni Crimera

... The last post was more than half a year ago. You are one skilled necromancer, sire.
    KLouD KoNNeCteD likes this.
  12. KLouD KoNNeCteD Floaty Gross

Was it really necessary to post in a thread with a boss strategy from an OLDER version of the game?
  13. Gameinsky Eskimo Zombie

hah, that's how I first fought him! Sunfury + molten set.
    But really, no armour + minishark = epicness
  14. Shaoni Crimera

Hah, that's nothing! I can beat Skeletron without weapons!

... Seriously. Thorns potion, anyone?
  15. MiniManolinho Bone Serpent

Sounds awesome. Take the recently nerfed, semi-useless healing potion, the Most Defensive armor in the game, Ironskin+Thorns Potion+Regeneration Potion = Profit. Sounds awesomely hard.
    Shaoni likes this.
  16. Gameinsky Eskimo Zombie

I assume the night will end before you even get him to half-health...
  17. MiniManolinho Bone Serpent

Still, gather a team of three or more persons, repeat the said process = Profit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.