"This housing is corrupt."

Discussion in 'PC' started by joejoejrshab, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joejoejrshab Green Slime

Edit- This has been fixed, information and pictures are on the next page, or you could just follow this link directly to the post : http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/this-housing-is-corrupt.69863/page-2#post-1313284

My friend and I started fresh with 1.1 (Shes new to the game, I've been playing on and off since it was released.) Before entering hard mode, we decided we were going to sanction off our little slice of land with the "bowl method" as she called it. A good distance to our left and right of spawn are borders made with mostly ash, and the visible bits with dungeon stone for asthetic. We then planted hallow outside of the borders. However, corruption has managed to make its way up to the bottom border of the bowl, and is apparently too close for a large chunk of our NPC's to inhabit their old homes. Some of the rooms say "This housing is corrupt." and some say a generic insufficient line that I forget what it was. We both really like our current setup and, while I did back up the world before entering hardmode, it would be a pain to sort out stuff without feeling like "cheating".

So the question is, how do we take care of this issue? Its only getting worse and worse, as some of the NPC's are dying and not being able to respawn. Hardmode wasn't too hard till this happened.

Pictures:
    Bottom of the bowl, where the corruption has spread to.
    Show Spoiler

[IMG]

"This housing is corrupt."
    Show Spoiler

[IMG]

Don't want to have to relocate all of this.
    Show Spoiler

[IMG]

A small peak at a map viewer to give you guys an idea of whats happened.
    Show Spoiler

[IMG]

Thanks, any help would be appreciated. I was assuming that changing it into hallow is the best idea I can think of but I want to see others opinions. Thanks again.

Editted in spoilers because the pictures were a bit large.
  2. MiniManolinho Bone Serpent

Well, all you can do is find a way to cleanse the corruption getting close to you, or relocate the downer houses to the left and right of the houses above them.
    Sorry, mate. :confused:
  3. Sunshine Green Slime

Purification powder.
    oreo and Advice Dog like this.
  4. Maelstromner Cursed Man

Really the only thing you can do at this point is maybe, just maybe purify the corruption and mine fast enough so that the corruption can't spread any further. Or you can turn those areas into hallowed so at least the housing isn't corrupted.
    And by the way, if everything reall goes to hell (/corruption&hallowed) Just find the ocean on the Jungle side of your world. Hopefully the Jungle slowed down the progress of the forces and isn't influenced. That's what I had to do, and I walled it off with bricks to prevent a corruption pocket from spreading to my precious ocean.
  5. DarthEnderX Slimer

I kinda freaked out the first time I saw one of my oceans had been corrupted.
  6. joejoejrshab Green Slime

So, could I dig out a large chunk of the corruption to fix it? I mean, just leaving a completely empty area. Thought being that only a few of the houses are "corrupted".
  7. Maplestrip Corruptor

I'm guessing you'll have to remove the corruption right underneith your base (mine it out/purify it) and relocate the bottom of your so-called bowl a bit lower. You can also make the corruption right underniet your base hallow (make sure you don't make anything inside the bowl hallow!), as that counteracts the corruption of your housing as well :)
    I guess the corruption is just too close to you. I don't think the corruption and the housing may be on-screen at the same time :S
  8. Eousm Green Slime

We ran into this issue on our server. We wanted to have Hallow and Corruption come right up to the base. However, doing that invalidated the entire right side of out housing structure.

Dig out some area near the houses and replace the dirt with Pearlstone. Once the density of the Pearlstone passes a certain point it will over balance the corruptions influence and your NPC can move back in.
  9. MiniManolinho Bone Serpent

I once corrupted my own on purpose, to get Dark Shards. I regret it. Once TEdit comes out for 1.1, I'm moving my base to a new world. :(
  10. Lawura Demon Eye

Move the lower edge of the bowl one screen away from the bottom of the house, lay the helevator shaft between the house with 2 thick wall of incorruptable brick from the house and to this edge and make a sealed exit to the helevator. not just one wooden platform.
  11. Maplestrip Corruptor

Wood platforms are fine, why should he change it?
    MiniManolinho likes this.
  12. TankHunter678 Eskimo Zombie

The problem with your bowl is that the thorns managed to reach to top side of the bowl tunnel. You need to dig that out and replace it with Bricks/Ash/Obsidian after that you need to dig out the corruption, unless it is stone then purify it still need that barrier, that has spread to the inside of the bowl.

You need to remember that corruption can generate thorns which spread it.
  13. joejoejrshab Green Slime

I was actually considering extending the bowl after digging out that area, but would that be "safe"? I'm just not quite sure if just digging out all the blocks in said area is enough to "remove" the corruption. And clarify on the hellevator thing?
  14. nenobr2 Cursed Skull

Just use some purification powder/Holy Water in the corruption.Or just destroy all the tiles
  15. MiniManolinho Bone Serpent

Well, if you take off the Ebonstone/Corrupt Grass around a place, it considers as it's not Corrupt.
    Let's just say that if there's nothing there, it cannot be corrupt.
    Which means that digging it out will have the same effect as cleaning it with Powder/Holy Water.
    Good luck getting that done. I'd like to see the results.
  16. Maplestrip Corruptor

This won't be to hard, you just have to dig away some ebstone right below the bowls gate. Then, you remove the "gate" and make a new one a little lower. I'm sure you can do it if you can make the bowl :)
  17. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

TEdit does have a beta out that works with 1.1. Check out is thread for the download link. ;)
    MiniManolinho likes this.
  18. Poring Cursed Skull

Well, I had an entire mansion in hell. Then hardmode kicked in and all of hell turned corrupt. Now I have to somehow remove ALL OF THE EBONSTONE above hell.
  19. HUlk Aji Yellow Slime

my oceans are both corrupted (left) or hallowed(right)

it has been some time since i saw a shark there
    is it happening to any of you, shark respawns disappearing due to corruption?
  20. Teske Green Slime

Hey, if the base is high enough off the ground with no ties with tile or block, shouldn't it be safe from corruption effects?

If all else fails, have an airborne base, low enough you could get to it with something like rocket boots, but high enough that not even thorns could reach it. Or, if you just want your NPCs to be safe, make the airborne housing suitable for them and move them into it, and use your base you have now for all your usual activities and let it corrupt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.