TNT, Redstone, Levelers/Switches, Steel Doors?

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Mr.Person, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Mr.Person Moth

I don't know if someone else has already posted this. But I basicly just signed up to post this. So don't be an asshole if I posted in the wrong section or something like that ^^
    Anyways, let's get down to business.

My suggestions are that they add:

Redstone/Wire - Just like the one in MineCraft. It would help out alot for example, open/lock doors, make timed explosions with TNT so you wont get killed (Lol) and so on. Ofcourse you can change the name.

Leveler/Switch - For use with the ''Redstone'' to be able to turn it on and off.

TNT - For use with the ''Redstone'' for a controlled explosion and safe explosion.

Steel Door - For use with the ''Redstone'' and can only be accessed by a leveler. No zombies on Blood-Moon can break in.

That's what I want for patch/update 1.0.7
    Thanks for listening, bye =)
  2. EmoShmoul Green Slime

*Insert reasoned argument about Terraria not being Minecraft, thus meaning they don't need all the same attributes here*
    darkninjx likes this.
  3. Mr.Person Moth

I'm not saying they shold be like MineCraft, but getting ''Redstone/Wire'' and TNT would help out alot
  4. SemperAltus Green Slime

Redstone wire would be an absolute asshole to try to use in game. Terraria is plainly 2D and the redstone mechanics wouldn't work out. You need more space than left and right for that. Iron Doors would be good for decorative purposes, though I like the idea of them not being able to be broken down. TNT wouldn't work either because it either needs redstone or fire.
    Real Atomsk likes this.
  5. Darkstar Green Slime

Tnt is called dynamite, yes it doesnt get triggered off its thrown. as SemperAltus said "Redstone wire would be an absolute asshole to try to use in game." But I think the idea of the Iron or Steel doors would be splendid for things like goblin invasions or blood moons.
  6. Mr.Person Moth

Thank you :D
  7. Mr.Person Moth

So TNT, Redstone and Levelers are outcounted. But do you suport the idea of Steel doors?
  8. zaba Cursed Skull

redstone mabie name it diffrently
  9. Pykoh Green Slime

Not redstone, but a sort of way to remotely open doors etc.
    Maybe a wire crafted from copper and iron?
  10. EpsilonSigma Green Slime

The wire idea sounds good, but redstone is just copying minecraft.

TNT we already have. Dynamite and bombs suffice.
  11. rocnessmonster Green Slime

Dynamite half the times just blows myself up. I need to be able to craft copper wire and create detonators so I can safely apply dynamite without dying.

Sticky Bombs are great but they don't destroy ebonstone blocks.
    Mr.Person likes this.
  12. Shahar R. Green Slime

Well, you are obviously affected a lot by MineCraft (which I don't have any problem with), but I do believe that the things you've mentioned suite MineCraft way more then it suits Terraria. I'd have to go against all of your suggestions.
    sorry :(
  13. Gurahn Green Slime

It's not that we're affected by minecraft, it's just theres this thing called copyright, implemented something called red stone dust immediately would attract attention to not being an original idea.

Best idea = edit red stone dust to copper wires. copper ores plentiful and doesn't exist in minecraft, you'll get stung less for that.
  14. Mr.Person Moth

15. darkninjx Yellow Slime

dude dont advertise minecraft by using the exact same names and terraria could get sued for redstone name -,- dude just say freaking wires not redstone -,- i dont like the ideas from this thread im on NO
  16. Mr.Person Moth

God damnit... If you read then it says ''Redstone/Wire''. I made a / because I know it can't be named ''Redstone'' so pretty much the obvious name is Wire or Copper Wire. Gtfo...
  17. Teraice Green Slime

I, for one, am totally for new mechanics in the game ie tnt (or other controllable explosive) and wiring of sort (redstone was simply mentioned before as the idea not as the name of the implemented wiring). I'm a huge fan of trying to make traps in terraria and putting wiring and timed explosives would work well in traps
    Mr.Person likes this.
  18. Keirndmo Cursed Skull

Copper wire instead of redstone!
  19. Seviraph Green Slime

there may be a way for the "redstone" to work, if they're like wires, cause I haven't played Minecraft

anyways you should be able to apply it to the background walls (whether there's a wall there or not)
    so it wouldn't get in the way of the where we stand, and we can still have a trigger for it to set off

but that would pose a small problem, a hammer may not be a good idea to remove the wires with, but I guess that can be fixed if you right click to remove the wires, kinda like how torches work
    Mr.Person likes this.
  20. Teraice Green Slime

well redstone is basically wire with a different name. it serves the same function such as completing a circuit or allows buttons to do things.

if wire were introduced, might as well put in wire cutters (5 iron bars or something) to remove wire from blocks or background.
    Mr.Person likes this.