PvP TSGE | Public PvP / Build

Discussion in 'Server Archive' started by atom0s, Feb 8, 2012.

1. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

[​IMG]
    TSGE | Public PvP / Building

About Us
    TSGE | Public PvP / Building is a dedicated server for players of all types. New characters, old characters, hard-core pvp'ing players, to the softcore explorers. Everyone is welcome to join and play. PvP is not forced and is entirely optional. We do encourage you to PvP but you don't have to if you don't want to. PvP is now forced on!

PvP and Build
    We encourage everyone to pvp, and one of our main focuses is to get people to enjoy it. We offer several pvp areas including game modes like 'Capture The Flag', 'Team Death Match', as well as just open world pvp. While we do want our players to pvp, it isn't required.

Building is open to anyone and everyone. Once registered you have permission to build anywhere on the map (excluding the few region protected areas for the server). Players can also build and protect their own houses. Houses can be up to 5000 squares and will save across server restarts and such. Houses will not be destroyed unless they are deemed a problem, or are needed to be removed for something server specific.​

Clans
    I have written a clans plugin specifically for our server. (See the next post below for commands). This plugin allows users to create clans, adjust their chat color, their name prefix, and invite others to be part of their clans. Clans can be a fun way to use the server to fight in large groups or to make friends and build together!​

Connection Info
    No password! /login or /register when you join.

Server Info
    • 24/7 dedicated server. (West-cost located, but on a real host so it should be fast.)
    • TShock (latest) installed and used for login/registering. (Login is required to play!)
    • PvP always on! (Unless you enter a safe-zone.)
    • Building friendly, we encourage it! Not required but if you want to build feel free to do so!
    • Custom clans plugin for the most fun with clans!
    • The biggest free items area on any server! (Nearly every item!)
    Plugins
    Currently we are running the following plugins. If you know of a plugin that would be a great addition to our server let me know! I am willing to listen to every ones opinions to keep the server active and enjoyable so don't be shy to offer your opinions / suggestions!
    • TShock - latest version. (Developer build)
      • DefaultMaximumSpawns: 10
      • IP / Username bans: true
      • DisableClownBombs: true
      • DisableSnowBalls: true
      • DisableInvisPvP: true
    • AutoBroadcast
      • Broadcasts some basic info every 300 seconds.
    • ChestControl
    • HousingDistricts
      • Users can have a max of 1 house at a time.
      • Houses are max sized at 5000 blocks. (width*height)
    • MoreAdminCommands
      • Default configuration for now.
    • TSGEClans
      • Our own custom clans plugin written by me.
    Admins
    Admin is not for sale or available to anyone else at this time. The server is new so we have no need for more admins currently. However this may change down the line so keep an eye out if you wish to be an admin later on!
    • atom0s - Owner.
    Rules
    Our server is laid back and friendly. We have a limited set of rules to keep game-play fun and enjoyable for everyone so please be sure to follow these rules!​
    1. Respect the admins.
    2. Respect other players.
    3. No racism.
    4. No cheating / griefing.
    5. Respect others homes and buildings.
    6. No TnT or other explosives.
    Questions, Comments, Feedback?
    Feel free to leave any questions, comments or feedback in this thread. I am open to suggestions and new plugins for the server so don't be afraid to ask. I have the final say in what happens but I do want this server to be enjoyable for others so that means I need to know what you (the players) want on the server!

If you need to contact me directly feel free to pm me here or add me on steam:
    Steam Name: atom0s
    (The second 0 in my name is the number zero!)

2. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

TSGEClans Plugin Commands
    • /clan create "Clan Name"
      • Creates a new clan with the given name.
    • /clan disband "Clan Name"
      • Disbands the clan with the given name. (Only founders can do this!)
    • /clan motd [message]
      • Prints the clans motd. Or if a message is given sets the clans motd. (Only leaders can do this!)
    • /clan prefix "Clan Prefix"
      • Sets the clans prefix. (Only founders can do this!)
    • /clan color r g b
      • Sets the chat color of the clan. (Only founders can do this!)
    • /clan promote "Member Name"
      • Promotes a member to a clan leader. (Only founders can do this!)
    • /clan demote "Member Name"
      • Demotes a member from a clan leader. (Only founders can do this!)
    • /clan kick "Member Name"
      • Kicks a member from the clan. (Only leaders can do this!)
    • /clan quit
    • /clan leave
      • Leaves your current clan.
    • /clan accept
      • Accepts the current clan invite you received.
    • /clan decline
      • Declines the current clan invite you received.
    • /clan members
      • Lists the members in your current clan.
    • /clan list
      • Lists all the clans on the server.
    • /csay [message]
    • /c [message]
      • Prints a message to your clan.

Housing (User-owned houses!)
    Housing allows users to create and protect their homes from griefing. Houses are not guaranteed to stay as the map can crash or be changed later on. Admins can unset homes that they deem unfit, obnoxious, or in the way. Players should build homes that they would enjoy living in, and not waste the area with mindless block placements.​

To use the house system, you can use the following sets of commands:​

To Build A House
    1. Type /house set 1 afterward, hit a block for the top-left corner of your house.
    2. Type /house set 2 afterward, hit a block for the bottom-right corner of your house.
    3. Type /house add [name]
    4. Your house should now be built and set!
    Extra House Commands
    • /house clear
      • Clears the current Vector2 being set to a house.
    • /house redefine [name]
      • Allows the user to redefine the house points without having to delete the house first.
    • /house delete [name]
      • Deletes the house.
    • /house name
      • Allows the user to hit a block to determine the owner of the house.
    • /house list
      • Displays a list of registered homes.
    • /house chat [name] [on|off]
      • Allows the user to turn on and off house specific chat. Only uses in your house will see the chat when its on.
    • /house allow [player] [name]
      • Grants building (owner) access to another player for your house.
    • /house addvisitor [player] [name]
      • Grants visitor access to another player for your house.
    • /changelock

• Changes the lock state of the house. If enabled, people not set to owners/visitors cannot enter your house.
    Help! I'm getting kicked out of my house when I lock it!
    1. You need to set yourself as an owner and visitor. To do that enter:
    2. /house addvisitor [yourname] [housename]
    3. /house allow [yourname] [housename]

TheStereo84 and Dragan like this.
  3. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

Server Update
    • Server is now open to all players. Not just medium/hard core players.
    • Server name has changed to TSGE | Public PvP / Building
    • Spawn are is now setup and region protected.
    • Building is now activated.
    • Plugins have been configured and setup as needed. If you have questions feel free to ask.
    I decided to change the server to allow all players since so far a few people that joined requested it and so did some personal friends since they don't like losing all their items on death. So I've changed the server to allow all players.

If you wish to still play Mediumcore/Hardcore you are certainly welcome to do so on our server.

New players are welcome, as are senior members to Terraria. We do not have any rules against characters.

Enjoy. :)

4. John.

John. Green Slime

Cool, i am coming online now, I wish you luck with the server.

5. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

~ Bumping from forth page.

~ Bumping from forth page again.

6. John.

John. Green Slime

Hey, I am on holiday in spain, although my pc can connect to the internet, it cant connect to steam, even in offline mode :/

I made a boat at the extreme left of the map, where the ocean is, yould you please make sur its not trolled or griefed?

7. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

I region protected it just after you left. :)

8. John.

John. Green Slime

Ah, thanks man!

* wisperes to guy next to him, "Best admin evar!" *

On another note, hows the building coming along?

9. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

Haha, thanks.

Going ok, got some buildings made. Nothing too major. Servers slowly getting traffic but mostly everyone just wants to do bosses or pvp so not to much building done yet lol.

10. John.

John. Green Slime

Ye. Hopefully the buildings will be finished soon and the server will be fully PvP.​

Hmm, what does TSGE stand for?​

ermm...Tea..err...sugar.game evolution?​

11. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

It's named after my save game editor since I lack creativity lol. So it's Terraria Save Game Editor:
    http://tsge.codeplex.com

It has no real meaning for the server name though.

12. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

Server Update
    • Free items warp is finished with almost every item in the game. (Excluding boss spawns.)
    • PvP Arena warp added, more arenas to come.
    • Ready warp is redone and better looking.
    • Hellavator added.
    • Teams are now fixed.
    For those that use TShock's MoreAdminCommands plugin, I posted my personal fixed version here:
    http://tshock.co/xf/index.php?threa...dmin-commands-approved.317/page-11#post-10466

This fixes the teams being locked always problem.

13. John.

John. Green Slime

Why does steam fuckup at a time like this? XD

Oh well...I will be certanly going on the Arena.

14. Bit

Bit Giant Worm

Hey, you may want to restart the server. Some guy named Grunge just greifed the place silly, including my not-so-secret hideout.

FireMage and atom0s like this.
  15. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

Done, if you have problems again feel free to add me on steam: atom0s

16. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

Server Update
    • Housing plugin is currently disabled to see if its causing the server lockups.
    • Protected houses that were protected before are no longer protected. (Sorry guys, but its for the better of the server.)
    Hopefully this will stop the random freezes of the server.

17. John.

John. Green Slime

Will my house/boat still be safe?

And i think it should have a pw on, and you have to fill in a app to be PM´d the password, that should stop lot of griefing, or alternativley there could be more admins.

18. atom0s

atom0s Voodoo Demon

Yes, your boat is region protected so its not effected by the removal of the house plugin.

As for passwording, I'm not looking to password the server since I want it to be public and active. Anyway, I look at the logs every night and check for griefing in the logs. Which has lead to about 6 bans so far. I also download the map and look over it to make sure its nothing major. If it is, I just use TEdit to fix it quickly and restore the damage done.

For example:
    Code:
    2012-02-12 18:46:21 - TSPlayer: INFO: Player Konzil has been disabled for Reached TileKill threshold
    2012-02-12 18:46:21 - TSPlayer: INFO: Player Konzil has been disabled for Reached TileKill threshold
    2012-02-12 18:46:22 - TSPlayer: INFO: Player Konzil has been disabled for Reached TileKill threshold
    2012-02-12 18:46:22 - TSPlayer: INFO: Player Konzil has been disabled for Reached TileKill threshold

Easily tells me that said player is griefing.

19. John.

John. Green Slime

Oh good.

20. sarahjaney422

sarahjaney422 Green Slime

Looks like a nice server. :D Too bad nobody's on.