Two things that I think really need to be balanced in this game

Discussion in 'PC' started by UselessNoob, Jan 21, 2013.

1. UselessNoob Snow Flinx

Broken Armor debuff, and Giant Bats.

Starting off with Giant Bats, they just do too much damage, even when you have a lot of defense. I have a full Mythril set (41 defense) and still take around 50-70 damage. I think they should just do around 20-40.

Broken Armor debuff is just way too long, 5 minutes of your defense cut in half. Really a pain when you don't have an Adamantite/Hallow set.

These are just my opinions. If you disagree with me, that's alright. These are my thoughts on these things and I really think they need to be balanced.
  2. Aelov Zombie

Never really had trouble with giant bats, just have your back to a wall and keep swinging your sword. Agreeing that broken armor is a pain in the ass, though.
  3. Classikly Flying Snake

It's not just the bats, I have problems with any other fucking hardmode mob.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  4. GrinnTech Mouse

It's called HardMode because it's supposed to be hard.
    LOL.gif
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  5. Classikly Flying Snake

First time I've heard that one :rolleyes:
  6. GrinnTech Mouse

If it's too hard for you, get better weapons, armor, ETC.
  7. Classikly Flying Snake

I'll keep that in mind for the next time I play the game. Which is probably never.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  8. UselessNoob Snow Flinx

Can't believe how many times I've heard that, it's unoriginal. I know it's supposed to be hard, I'm not new. Been playing this game since 2011. Broken Armor is just a pain in the ass in general, having it last 5 minutes it worse than "Hard". And Giant Bats, I have Mythril Armor, full set, and still take as much damage as if I had Silver Armor on.
    bioemerl and Bullseye55 like this.
  9. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

I agree, Broken Armor is a pain. Shouldn't be longer than 2 minutes.
  10. Classikly Flying Snake

The idea of the debuff is fine, but you're right in saying that the duration's longer than it should be.
  11. PowerCosmic Werewolf

The "problem" is that the game was developed by somebody in my age bracket, who has, undoubtedly, played a lot of NES back in the day. NES games were brutal. I don't mean to try and make this a "you're too young, you never played hard games" kind of thing, but many of us are used to games that severely punish you, regardless of whether or not you "deserve" it. lol It's just one of those things that isn't going to change, and the best way to eliminate the issue of Giant Bats and Broken Armor is to dodge them.
    lord_vinvis, Bullseye55 and Redigit like this.
  12. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

These are two minor annoyances, but they really shouldn't be that much of a constant issue. Perhaps games are even meant to have some annoyances at times.
  13. Klapp Tortoise

I don't actually mind the broken armor debuff at all and in fact kind of wish there were more debuffs used overall. This game is really so crazy easy anyway that it would be nice to have some spots that really offered a challenge for combat instead of it being kind of tedious or whatever. I feel like more prominent debuffs could really work well with the speed of Terraria's combat in many cases.
  14. Voyager Crimera

There are too many giant bats is the problem.
  15. Shaun Dark Caster

Like others said, it is Hardmode after all...

But a good trick is to equip a Titan's Glove from Mimic drops, and keep killing WoF till you get a breaker blade (seems like an 75% drop rate for me when i don't want one :p). I think Mythril or higher swords with TG will produce enough knockback to push pretty much anything out of your face (including BB from the start).
  16. UselessNoob Snow Flinx

Would a Mythril Halberd work? That's what I usually use. And I can't really use Titan's Glove since I have Cross Necklace.
  17. Shaun Dark Caster

If your problem is being killed (or seriously injured), my Mobs you can't get a safe enough distance from through normal attacks; then I'd say yes you should switch something else out for the TG
  18. Drdragonfly Eskimo Zombie

There is your problem right there. Spears are generally not so good against small or fast moving enemies. A mythril sword would suit you much better against bats. Just use both and fight certain enemies with certain weapons. Swords protect you better against attacks from mobs that inflict touch damage. A spear such as the mythril halberd will not protect you well against bats but is very good for burrowing mobs like the World Feeder or Bone Serpant. If you use a variety of weapons you can protect yourself better against all types of monsters.

Also, the broken armor debuff can be really annoying but it is just something that we have to live with. Just avoid armored skeletons by all means if it is a large problem to you.

I assume that you are looking for hardmode ores so here is a tip for you that might help you avoid armored skeletons: Go into the underworld with a few spelunker potions and grapple/fly along the top of the underworld and search for cobalt, mythril or adamantite. You can also enter caves that go from the underworld to the stone/cavern layer. Most of the time you will only meet monsters from the underworld, which are a lot easier to deal with than the new hardmode monsters.

-Drdragonfly
  19. Klokinator Raincoat Zombie

Did someone say dodge?
  20. UselessNoob Snow Flinx

I know how to find a lot of Hardmode ores thank you. :)
    Considering I've used that same tactic since 1.1 came out.