Unable to play Terraria.

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by warhole1, May 17, 2011.

1. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

the thing is i can't play terraria without admins password and he is currently out of town and soesnt want me to know his password. I use windows 7 and i am a standard user.
    I also have a friend who has all these same things but he just clicks no and the program runs.

What do i do?
    Infraction has been given for this message by Darkas-Pony. Details | Oct 1, 2011
  2. Tybirion Blazing Wheel

im the friend. as he said, its fine with me. what seems to be the problem here? someone please enlighten us
  3. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

4. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

5. Dreacus Green Slime

You need administrative rights in order to play without having to enter the password.
  6. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

yes i know that, i am looking for a way to by-pass the administrative rights. For example if i changd what kind of user i am.
  7. Dreacus Green Slime

Don't bother, you will need someone with administrative rights to do that for you.
  8. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

yes but trickery is my favourite thing.

If becoming a power user would let me install terraria than i could trick the admin by asying it would be a lot simpler.

I canèt just ask for the password sying its something else because the game clearlysays Terreria by Steam
  9. Poring Cursed Skull

You have UAC on. You can't bypass UAC unless you have the password.

Edit: From what I got it must be UAC.
  10. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

What exactly is UAC?
  11. Dreacus Green Slime

... Or you just be honoust about it, say that you can't play the game you bought(I hope). No need for trickery, that will only result in a lower chance of succeeding.
  12. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

im not supposed to be playnig games for another month. i bought the game on steam hoping it would be lik killing floor where you dont need the damins password to play.
  13. Poring Cursed Skull

Does a message come up in your screen saying you have to log in as an administrator when you try to install something?
    Edit: If your friend is the administrator tell him to use remote desktop to fix it.
  14. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

first of all dont know what remote desktop is. and it only says i need the password i dont need to be loggde on his account
  15. Dreacus Green Slime

Every program will need a password to be run, except some Microsoft related ones.
    Just wait the month off.
  16. Poring Cursed Skull

UAC is a program that gives you a message each time a program is trying to do something on your computer. So that no virus can run in the background without you knowing about it. And remote desktop is a program that can be used to go onto your computer while on another. So that he can type in the password himself while away.

Just tell him to use remote desktop.
  17. warhole1 Slimed Zombie

he didnt bring hid computer

not most steam games they dont need a password and neither did steam itself.
  18. Dreacus Green Slime

Poring, he can not. He is not allowed to play games for another month, and he is trying to play in 'secret'.
  19. Poring Cursed Skull

Oh. Well, you can't bypass the UAC. The only thing I can imagine is that if you install the game on someone else's computer, copy that directory and put it in yours. But I don't know how terraria works so that prolly won't work either.

Edit: Also, you can set UAC to requiring a administrator password or just to pressing yes or no.
    Your administrator think you're bad with computers if he restricts you that much.
  20. Dreacus Green Slime

Nope, Steam account bound and would ztill require a password to run.