Pre 1.2 [Video + Map] Terraria 1.1 - How to make a Slime factory to support the Flamethrower!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by DreadFear, Dec 2, 2011.

1. DreadFear

DreadFear Green Slime

2. kirabook

kirabook Ex-Min Staff Member

Moving to guides section.

3. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Zombie

instead of lining the bottom with plates, use a 1 sec timer?

4. Tommygunnz

Tommygunnz Green Slime

5. DreadFear

DreadFear Green Slime

How would it loop?

6. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Zombie

lever > one second timer > darts and statues = non stop slime owner , a 1 second timer activates the circuit every one second, kind of like a redstone repeater from minecraft

7. DreadFear

DreadFear Green Slime

Oh ok, I thought it was more of a once off delay and you'd have to create the loop yourself.

8. Tonsixer

Tonsixer Green Slime

Signed up just to put my input on this.

Instead all you need is one scoop of lava.

1. Wire a lever outside and all the pressure plates to a bunny or crab statue inside the lower box.

2. Make 3 2x6 boxes with staues inside.

3. Make path between the two to stand inside.

4. Make sure the lava level in each box is perfect depth, deep enough to kill, shallow enough to not burn items.

5. Hit lever

6. ???????

7. Profit

This is from 1 minute of standing there, each 99 goldfish gives about 2 gold

[​IMG]

9. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Zombie

again tho, you can just use 1 timer, instead of 10+ plates (good idea with the fish and lava)

10. Tonsixer

Tonsixer Green Slime

Found ANOTHER advantage to this setup, during blood moons, goldfish and bunnies are corrupted and drop CASH. The spawn of corrupt bunnies stops the standard blood moon mobs from spawning. Just poke a hole in the looting spot and shoot down. Made over 2 plat in one blood moon. With the multiple pressure plates the spawn for the bunnies just never stops!

[​IMG]

DreadFear likes this.
  11. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Zombie

instead of shooting down you could wire up dart traps with a switch and a timer, for those bloodmoon occaisions :)

12. Tonsixer

Tonsixer Green Slime

Done and done, Got the dart traps on it's own 1 sec timer for when it's not needed. Very effecient.

13. so awesome! btw i don't have the game yet so do you mind telling me how to get wires,wrench and that wire remove thing?
    im downloading tommorow

14. Tonsixer

Tonsixer Green Slime

Go into the dungeon and sweep the area for her tied up, that's it. She sells you almost everything you need.

15. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Zombie

pick up every dart trap you see , as they are not sold (as i know of)

16. DreadFear

DreadFear Green Slime

Would you mind if I used this setup in a video? Its a great way to farm gold

17. 01Terraria

01Terraria Green Slime

Hey Dread thanks for the tips on how to build it but can we have a download of the map?please

18. DreadFear

DreadFear Green Slime

Check the video description ;)

19. 01Terraria

01Terraria Green Slime

thanks i went to youtube and found video thanks but cant get it loaded:(

20. Tonsixer

Tonsixer Green Slime

Go ahead Dread!

DreadFear likes this.