Wall of Flesh: Battle Preparations?

Discussion in 'Update Discussion' started by uglybad, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uglybad Cursed Man

I've heard about the Wall of Flesh boss coming in Terraria patch 1.1. It will appear in the Underworld, and defeating it will make the world enter Hardmode.
    But there's a serious lack of information about this boss. How will it be summoned? What will be the penalty if one fails to beat it?
    And how to prepare for it. Build an extremely long battle platform in the Underworld? (I'm doing that right now, actually.)
    Could somebody please give me a link to more information?
  2. Skeletron Prime Green Slime

3. Richard Ma Snatcher

Hmm I got a idea? make a long flat path and a bunch of grenades? o_o just run like hell while throwing grenades lol
    Mathew Sky likes this.
  4. Matsu Corruptor

Well since the update isn't out yet the only info we have is from the trailer. Based on the text in some of the Dev Blogs it would seem like the Guide Voodoo doll is involved. To prep I would say have plenty of potions and buffs ready and be able to dodge.
  5. Recks Yellow Slime

use water walking potions, they make you be 1 pixel above liquid
  6. Klapp Eyezor

Levitate and kill it at range. Works on everything else in the game.
    MCMo likes this.
  7. Sgt. Bob Hell Bat

I'm guessing throw voodoo doll in lava, and to fight him make sure underworld is flat and no lava on top.
  8. MiniManolinho Clinger

Well, well, there's no info on the Boss because it isn't out yet.
    Seriously, I think it's too early to ask for a strategy for a boss we cannot even fight yet!
    I understand your will to not fail at Boss Slaying, but it's a bit too early.
    But a Flat Hell sounds like enough preparations for the WALL OF AWESOME!
    lorki3 likes this.
  9. Klapp Eyezor

It's not like most of the enemies or bosses in Terraria are overly complicated anyway; the video already showed us a portion of what the fight will be like. While more complicated boss patterns would be great, I don't really expect much in that regard. Not to say it can't happen though.
  10. Relinies-the-Wizard Face Monster

You'd have to move fast, it seems to cross the whole underworld and constantly push you back. I would assume that making contact or crossing it is the equivalent of trying to summon a second Eye of Cthulhu.
  11. I'm mostly going to farm LIKE HELL (did you see what i did there?) for hellfire arrows and money, reforging seems very expensive, and then, i'll get a bottle, strap it to my leg, (You know what happens from then on), and enjoy the hell out of terraria until the 1.1 update. LET OPEN THE FLOOD GATES OF HELL! BE FOR DEATH AS ONE IS FOR VIOLENCE AND DESTRUCTION IN LIFE!! URAAA! (Randomly felt like making Anime reference's all of a sudden).
    Maybe so, it would explain why he keeps on LETTING ZOMBIES AND DEMON EYES INTO OUR HOUSES AT NIGHT. And hwen the wall of flesh dies, or beaten, the outside world will become supper dupper hard. Which means that the guide will become the bain of most players again. FUUUUUUU-
    1.0.0 is Minecraft dude, not Terraria :p
    And here's my plan
    1) Boot up game
    2) Get Molten Fury and 1000 Hellfire arrows
    3) FALCON PUNCH
    4) ?????
    5) Set children on fire
  12. Paranσid [Insert Title Here]

lorki3, btwLei, GoldB and 3 others like this.
  13. uglybad Cursed Man

I guess it's true. There isn't much to speak of due to the fact the update isn't even out yet.
    Wait.... there's actually a video?
    (instantly hops on youtube)
  14. Paranσid [Insert Title Here]

What? Theres only the trailer...and the epic super meat boy song!
    lorki3 likes this.
  15. GermanJesus Flying Snake

As long as you have a strong ranged weapon and maneuverability, aka Cloud in a Bottle, Rocket Boots and such, you should be fine.
  16. Monta Herpling

Well .. tiy said , that we haven't seen the scariest part yet :p
    Let's just hope that it won't eat us D:
  17. Sgt. Bob Hell Bat

That is like the hardest game ever, I only got to the boss of world 2 or 3 (most likely 2). This is deffenitly true though. Beat that game and you can do anything. (even fly... in real life)
  18. Paranσid [Insert Title Here]

I made it all the way to cotten alley. I'm done now.

But really, in all seriousness, the boss shouldn't be too hard with friends...but I'm sure the other bosses will!
  19. Dark_Reaper115 Eskimo Zombie

Great choise.
    But kill him using only gravitation potions amd ranged weapons...
    MCMo likes this.
  20. Roll Volnut Cursed Skull

You're going to want to make sure you have a clear path for a very long length. You don't want to worry about navigating the Underworld while you do this.
    I would focus on long ranged items. Being as he's slow moving and rather thick, I would recommend piercing shots, and perhaps you will get more than one hit per shot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.