PC Wall of flesh won't spawn...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports Archive' started by sammyrocks555, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyrocks555

sammyrocks555 Piranha

so i created a new world and made a hellivator and i threw a guide voodo doll in the lava and it spawned but i got killed in lava. so i went down and made a "bridge" over the lava and now it wont spawn :( can someone tell me what to do because i really want to access all the new stuff in 1.1 besides the lighting.

2. MegaKirbeh

MegaKirbeh Green Slime

You have to get another voodoo doll and toss it in again.

3. sammyrocks555

sammyrocks555 Piranha

I have done that 6 times.

4. Sage of Thyme

Sage of Thyme Dark Caster

Same thing happened to me. Luckily I only had two dolls to throw.

I have a theory that you have to beat all bosses first.

5. Kirarxe

Kirarxe Piranha

You may have to save and exit; and then retry, if not, than its a bug with the spawn, that ONLY one WoF can spawn in the world, under any circumstance.

Also; the Pwnhammer will only work on that world. Its a very fickle item.

Also; Obsidian Skin Potions, and Water walking Potions are pretty much a requirement for the bossfight, unless you built a platform to run across.

6. sammyrocks555

sammyrocks555 Piranha

I might just download a world where it is defeated. if someone could do that it would be awesome. :D

7. Star

Star Squirrel

If the guide is already dead when you try then the Wall of Flesh will not be summoned. Did a new guide already come into the game? If not then you'll have to wait until a new one spawns before throwing another doll into the lava.

Rydian likes this.
  8. Nodscouter

Nodscouter Green Slime

I'm having the same problem. I quit and reentered, a new guide had entered the world, and throwing the doll in the lava did nothing.

9. DoD_Bjiggles

DoD_Bjiggles Green Slime

I have the same problem :( I got it to spawn the first through third times but after that it wouldn't spawn anymore (and yes I made sure the guide had respawned :( )
    Is this a glitch or is something not being done right?

10. Stracci

Stracci Green Slime

Same problem here. The wall killed me first time around and now throwing the dolls into lava in the underworld does nothing. New guides have arrived and everything.

I'm going to see if killing a boss again or waiting a few in-game days will do anything

11. Arnstable

Arnstable Green Slime

It's actually a bug / glitch. Some people have been able to toss about 4-6 dolls and it eventually spawns, some it just doesn't. Probably will be resolved soon.

12. Zaflis

Zaflis Bone Serpent

There is only 1 condition:
    - Guide must be alive. If he dies once you must have a house for him so he respawns.

13. Stracci

Stracci Green Slime

I've noticed that the "Horrified" debuff won't go away--but only when I'm close to the center of the map.

What's up with that?

14. TehKaramelo

TehKaramelo Green Slime

15. Kirarxe

Kirarxe Piranha

You have to do some shit with Steam, pretty much just right click terraria in steam, go Properties>Local Files>Verify

If the problem persists, go into your Steam folder, in C:\, Steamapps>Common>Terraria, then delete everything there, And then re-verify the game cache.
    Don't worry, this won't delete your worlds, or your characters.

Its good to do that every update for every game, since Steam can be buggy sometimes.

Off Topic: Most of the problems here, I've never encountered, I've had friends encountering them, told them to do this, and it worked. Trust me on this. Never trust Steam to Update your games manually. If its a once in a while update; like once every few months, than I'll be fine. But always Verify your game files whenever they are changed.

edit: With the NPC's not respawning, The text for the Goblin Army bug is a glitch into itself; (heh..Glitchception...) That can be fixed by the process listed above.

16. accaris

accaris Green Slime

EDIT: Verified that re-doing your steam cache will fix this issue.

17. Sage of Thyme

Sage of Thyme Dark Caster

Happened to me; exit and rejoin Terraria.

18. sammyrocks555

sammyrocks555 Piranha

i created a new world and beat it :D cobalt is sooooo awesome.

19. weegee100

weegee100 Green Slime

dude wat the heck it wont work at all!! the steam hootnenanny thingumabob is too complicated for me i really need help

20. Mistress Rarity

Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

Not the thread to ask in. If you have steam problems, check out the Steam Technical Support area. We don't offer steam support here, but feel free to create a thread for Terraria support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.