What Happens if I change a World to Softcore (using a program) After WoF is Defeated?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Artemos, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Artemos Cursed Man

[This is my first post, I read the rules, but I'm not sure if this is where I put this kind of post.]

So, I have a 3rd party software (not saying what it is because of the rules) that I used to change my name from Link to Artemos, after I realized I couldn't change it naturally. I noticed with it, I could change a world's difficulty. I want to know what happens if I beat the WoF and change it to softmode, because I hate corruption griefing me.
  2. MantasX12 Dungeon Guardian

Not sure how to change that...:confused:.
  3. Blue Lit Spore Zombie

nothing would really change, the only thing would change is the hardmode Mobs, they'll stop spawning, Everything else, will stay.

Also, Softcore/hardcore is the level of gameplay of the Character, softcore, you only lose coins (half of your coins, e.g. 5 golds would lose you 2 gold & 50 silver.) but hardcore, where you die, that Character is gone. all their items, Gone. 100% of it, gone. the world it was done on will stay and be the same.
  4. Shaun Dark Caster

Corruption would continue to spread under normal mode rules, but not hallowed.
  5. Artemos Cursed Man

Thanks Dark. I'm still trying to find if something does change, like a bug or something, though...
  6. Sir8BitHero Yellow Slime

World war 3 will begin.
  7. Zaflis Bone Serpent

Hallow stone can still spawn hardmode monsters underground, even if world is softcore. But you will see no hardmode corrupted monsters, no unicorns, werewolves and so on. And yes, TEdit can change world back to normal mode.
  8. Oliver Chang Green Slime

Infraction has been given for this message by Loki ISP. Details | Feb 17, 2013
  9. Loki ISP Moderator

Oliver, as noted earlier, spamming these videos everywhere is not acceptable.

Further spam will result in escalating penalties.