What is terraria's age restriction?

Discussion in 'PC' started by DaNerd, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Green Slime

It's 3+ so they don't choke on small parts like Pinky.

Leotamer and Lazaro like this.
  2. <><> iPLAYTERRARIA <><>

<><> iPLAYTERRARIA <><> Blazing Wheel

Terraria is probably rated 13+

It would be 10+ if it wasn't for the "Blood and Gore"

It would be 1+ if it was just a building game that didn't include monsters or fighting.

3. Lazaro

Lazaro Lava Slime

Well actually my little sister is 5 and she plays

4. Standale27

Standale27 Cursed Skull

I'd say, umm actually agree with the E10+
    For:

Animated Blood and Gore
    May cause confusion in people under 10 and over 80

Lazaro likes this.
  5. Lazaro

Lazaro Lava Slime

over 80 man: "why does this guy revive?FAKE! This game is crazy!"
    under 10 boy: "mumy I want a back pack like the terraria guy, he can fit like the whole world inside..."

6. Leotamer

Leotamer Bone Serpent

1second +
    May cause nightmares in anyone less then 90 years old.

Lazaro likes this.
  7. Lynd

Lynd Green Slime

E10+ For:

fantasy or mild violence
    and
    mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes. (Nurse lol)

Lazaro likes this.
  8. Lazaro

Lazaro Lava Slime

-90? What do you mean? Can you explain?

9. Nef

Nef Green Slime

You think a 12 year old will get scared by red pixels?
    So red pixels are inappropriate for anyone who is not a teenager?

What?

Lazaro likes this.
  10. Leotamer

Leotamer Bone Serpent

I edited it.

Lazaro likes this.
  11. Lazaro

Lazaro Lava Slime

I mean do you mean it will cause you nightmares?You and me are under 90

12. Leotamer

Leotamer Bone Serpent

yes that is correct.

Lazaro likes this.
  13. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Eskimo Zombie

Please show me one E10 game that actually has "Animated Blood and Gore". E10 can't even have blood. Any type of blood, the game has to be at least rated T. Any type of gore, the game is likely to be M unless it's a top down camera view, or 2D.

The game would either be T or M. If it was a 3D game it would be M (no doubts about it), but since it's 2D they would likely push it to T since it's less "realistic". Gore is only labelled under M, but i've seen some T games with gore, however it's usually because the game's graphics are lacking (like Terraria).

I personally find rating useless. Parenting is key. I've seen many kids play Mature games at a very young age, and have no problems. If anything the kids that aren't exposed to violence at a young age get curious about it at a older age and are more likely to do bad things.

[​IMG] EARLY CHILDHOOD
    Titles rated EC (Early Childhood) have content that may be suitable for ages 3 and older. Contains no material that parents would find inappropriate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] EVERYONE
    Titles rated E (Everyone) have content that may be suitable for ages 6 and older. Titles in this category may contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] EVERYONE 10+
    Titles rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older) have content that may be suitable for ages 10 and older. Titles in this category may contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] TEEN
    Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] MATURE
    Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] ADULTS ONLY
    Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] RATING PENDING
    Titles listed as RP (Rating Pending) have been submitted to the ESRB and are awaiting final rating. (This symbol appears only in advertising prior to a game's release.)

14. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Bone Serpent

Anyone can play it, my little brother plays the game and he's only 4. He's not scared or anything by the blood :p

15. <><> iPLAYTERRARIA <><>

Decapitations counts as "Blood and Gore" accroding to the ESRB and since bunnies, zombies, and even your charector gets decapitated on death, it counts as blood and gore. Of course 10 year olds could probably play this and be fine but many parents would find it to be rather offensive.

16. Standale27

Standale27 Cursed Skull

Or are you :confused:?? lol once I got a nightmare of a person wearing a mime mask and smiling a bloody smile after killing the dryad..... *Back to fetal position*

17. <><> iPLAYTERRARIA <><>

Lol you cant even see the blood unless you look really closely.

BTW has he fought Eye of Cthulu yet? I wonder if that would give him nightmares lol. =P

18. GooS

GooS Green Slime

I'd guess, thinking of ESRB it would get E10+ for:

• Mild/Fantasy violence
    • Suggestive themes, mild provocative references and/or material
    • References to violence

19. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Dark Caster

I played L4D2 when i was 9 so why can't he play Terraria at 16?

20. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Eskimo Zombie

We playing the same game? Gibs, gore, and blood are all over my screen when I play. During a goblin invasion or a blood moon my entire house is pretty much full of blood/body parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.