What year is it? What has changed?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Elate, Jan 30, 2013.

?

Tea?

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yes please 4 vote(s) 66.7%
No, coffee. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I LEIK CHCOLATE MEELK. 2 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Elate Cursed Skull

Hello denizens of the future, I am Elate, some of you may remember, some of you may also remember me, it is in fact an impossibility that none of you remember me, don't be stupid.

I come from the distant time of TWO THOUSAND AND ELEVEN, when the Earth was in fact FLAT, and I see a lot of new mods and things about, texture packs. Now, I stopped playing when texture packs were just on the horizon. Can anyone tell me what the deal is now? What has changed? What are these mods I see, texture packs? New game content? Anything new coming up (I hear something about revival.)?

And more precisely, what is going on with Red? I heard that Blue got fired (sadface) and lastly I recall him (Red) somewhat royally screwing over the PC community or some such?
  2. celo753 Clinger

Pie. That's your answer. Pie.
  3. Elate Cursed Skull

What flavour pie? THIS IS IMPORTANT.
  4. celo753 Clinger

Pie flavor.
    [IMG]
    Paringo and lord_vinvis like this.
  5. kirabook ModMin

Ah, I remember you. 8o

What has changed... development stopped then started again. Terraria is getting a port.

Not sure about mods or texture packs, I really don't have the time to play Terraria fully now a days with mods and all.
  6. Relinies-the-Wizard Bone Serpent

I don't remember you! Because I rarely post (especially the days before these!), preferring to lurk, and also my memory sucks!
    Mods and Texture packs decided to pick up where Red left off almost a year ago, though sadly, in my opinion at least, they cannot fill the gap. The point is, they're EVERYWHERE now.
    Blue was fired (He put a list of reasons why that, and why he left that and this forum at some point on the Starbound forum) before development stopped, and that "royalling screwing over the PC community" was him stopping development, then letting 505 Games do a port that added new content.
    To say the least, people didn't like that.
    But right now, Red has decided to pick up development again, and the community is rejoicing! Most of it, as far as i've seen. Various members of the community such as Dark and Light and others have been offering sprites for new content, and Red is considering (or possibly has already made the decision to) hiring a spriter.
  7. Tunnel King Moderator

Brief history as I know it:

• In September 2012, rumors started based on Red's tweets, Facebook posts, etc. that 'something big' was coming. Of course, this was viewed as everything from the promised final bugfix to Red's return to development. When the announcement turned out to be a console port (http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/faq.92842/), the shitstorm started all over again.
    • Most recently, Red himself has returned to posting on the forum and soliciting ideas for a 'possible' update: http://www.terrariaonline.com/posts/1984204/. What that will be, or even if that will be, remains to be seen.
  8. Elate Cursed Skull

Yes.

OT: Thanks for the info guys, I remember the part up to the console port, and I might have to give those mods a look into, I'm somewhat of a spritely fellow myself.

It's nice to see the community is still friendly.. I think, I may return. REJOICE.

Anddon'tbesillyofcoureyourememberme.
  9. celo753 Clinger

No, I have no idea who you are. And I've been here for more time than you.
  10. Paringo Green Slime

Where is this from again?
  11. Relinies-the-Wizard Bone Serpent

Ditto.
    One of the ASDFmovies.