Where do i Find my server ip??

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by metalman11ty1, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalman11ty1 Green Slime

prettie much it, i want to make a server and i hit the host and play but, i have no idea where to find the server ip.
  2. hurzysn Green Slime

its the ip on your network conntection
  3. Mr. BG Green Slime

To answer quickly, there are two IPs you need to note: one is the internal IP for your network, and the other is the external IP that everyone else outside of your LAN would need to use. To find out your internal LAN IP, start command prompt and type ipconfig. The IP would be listed under "IP address" and will be 192.168.x.x probably.

To find out the external IP for everyone outside your home to use, go to whaismyip.org

You might need to forward port 7777 on your router. That's where your internal IP would come in handy.
  4. Repawn Green Slime

so... which one do I use for the game?
  5. Mr. BG Green Slime

For somebody on your network or outside your network? And in my post I meant to say www.whatismyip.org, sorry for the typo.
  6. Repawn Green Slime

I don't really know... I just want to start a multiplayer server and I don't know anything right now... outside???
  7. Mr. BG Green Slime

whatismyip.org

If you are behind a router you will need to forward port 7777 (or whichever port you choose) to your internal IP. The Internal IP can be found through the command line (look above).
  8. vettelvib Green Slime

hi, you can find your ip address of your server that is host provider at Ip-details . here you need to type your web address, and it will show the details...
  9. Ignoritus Squirrel

To host you need to port-forward. However, I really don't think you know enough about your connection to port-forward. If you want I can link you to a tutorial, but I doubt you'll get far unless you learn more about your connection. :|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.