Why should I buy Terraria?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Kimon, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimon Green Slime

Hey I'm Kimon I'm new to the forum.
    As asked in the title, can I have some good reasons to buy Terraria? I don't want answers like "It's only $10," or "Over one million copies have been sold!" I want actual, good reasons, like listing good features of the game. I've heard a good share of good and bad things, and though this forums is probably a bit biased, I would like you, the person reading this thread, to give me good reasons on why to buy the game, as unbiased as possible.
  2. KLouD KoNNeCteD Crimera

Because its the greatest game ever made.
  3. TheStereo84 Herpling

4. Kimon Green Slime

Perfect example of what I don't want, but ok. Same goes for the one above me.
  5. W1K RNG fanboy

Because is one of the game I loved most in my pathetic life.

On a more extended note

Love the old-style platformer games like Metroid and shits and being able to build whatever the fuck you want in a fully explorable-always-different world? Terraria is the game. Terraria offers a lot of possibilities for the ones who like Exploring/Killing-things or Building. It have a lot of stronger points compared to Minecraft, which gives you more of a linear play instead of Minecraft's repetitiveness, along with a lot more contents and space to the adventure and action side of the game itself. It also costs way less. If you have some bits to waste, Terraria is one of the best game you can waste them on. Or not waste, I still think they are the best money I ever spent so far.

EDITORS NOTE: And 10 times more valuable than a game like COD.
    Bullseye55, m31k and Kimon like this.
  6. Kimon Green Slime

Thanks, I appreciate your input. If more people post like this I'll probably end up buying it. Hopefully I'll enjoy it and have a good time.
  7. KLouD KoNNeCteD Crimera

With that attitude I would prefer you not buy it. Last thing we need is another user crying about hardmode or lack of updates.
  8. Kimon Green Slime

I'd prefer you not to barge in on a civil discussion and act like a jackass. It was a simple question.
    Suika Ibuki likes this.
  9. Aronilius Demon Eye

last thing we need is people who cant read the op. (spoiler alert: you)
    also:
    how is this an attitude of a whiny baby who will whine about lack of updates/hardmode?
    not only that, you dont want someone supporting the developers of the game apparently.

anyways, you should get it because of the re playability and how much fun it can be.
    the bosses are fun and can be difficult if you dont have the gear or just suck at avoiding in general, the difficulty turns some players off but if its a good thing to you then this is a big plus.

adventuring to find gear can get repetitive and boring at times, but if you can find the caves, get some gear, get max hp and get to hardmode it gets really fun just looking for gear and fighting off fairly hard and damaging enemies in general.

if you like building in minecraft survival then this isnt going to be too much different. (exploring, crafting, jumping and building)
    but this is much less painful due to the fact that you actually have the ability to fly for a bit. (im comparing this to minecraft survival because thats the best comparison for terraria)

although terraria actually looks finished unlike minecraft which looks and plays like an unoptimized bug free alpha.
  10. Kimon Green Slime

Alright everyone thanks for the feedback I just bought Terraria. If anybody would like to help me out that would be great, as soon as I if I figure out multiplayer/hosting stuff.
  11. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

Because it will help redigit's kid get expensive clothes. But also because it has zombies.
    connery0, KLouD KoNNeCteD and Cricket like this.
  12. KLouD KoNNeCteD Crimera

Uh oh your going to make Kimon mad with this kind of response. He demands serious answers!
  13. Gabriel91SatanGod Cursed Skull

The PVP is extremely good. Theres a 4 team selection, and you can switch it on or off anytime.
  14. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

But I mentioned the zombies.
  15. connery0 The Wiremancer

You should buy it for the best part of terraria, the forums,... just remember to run for your live when there comes news about a "update"

Oh and for the great experiences of smashing purple spiky things with wooden hammers.
    KLouD KoNNeCteD likes this.
  16. kirabook ModMin

Closing this since the OP found his answer and the usual junkies have arrived to trash the thread.

Thread closed.
    Jeckel and Lord Carver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.