Will Terraria run on my computer?

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by Justin17, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Justin17 Demon Eye

I know it's kind of impossible to tell for sure if Terraria will run or not without trying, but decent guesses would be nice :)

Computer Info:
    HP Intel Core 2 Duo Laptop - 4 GB Ram, Local Disk (C: ) says 285 GB, but I think its 320ish.
    Windows 7
    Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors
    .NET 4 is installed
    Not 100% sure if XNA is installed, is there a tool I can use to check this?
    I have DirectX 11 installed, but every thread says you need DirectX 9. Do I need to downgrade or something?

If there's any other info you guys need, feel free to ask for it. Thanks :D
  2. Alanbato Cursed Skull

I feel Sarcasm....and there's a Troll scent in the air....Inb4 FAKE!

If this was real, then yes, you will be able to run terraria Smoothly.
  3. starlinvf Green Slime

Whats the video chip in it?
  4. Kjkillercom Doctor Bones

5. Justin17 Demon Eye

Not trolling :/ It'll run? Cool :D Thanks.

I checked that, but I couldn't find out what GMA series I have.
  6. Terini Green Slime

Your specs are generally better than mine, And I have no issues running terraria in windowed mode. But we really need to know what Graphics card you have.

To find this out, press your windows key, type in 'dxdiag', and press enter. Check out the display tab and give us your graphic card specs
  7. Justin17 Demon Eye

Device:
    Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Approx Total Memory: 1695 MB
    Current Display Mod: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  8. DuskDream Green Slime

sorry but u was worried that terraria wouldnt run with those specs? what do you think it is? WoW on full hd?
  9. Justin17 Demon Eye

No xD It's just that I've been noticing that a lot of people having problems with it. And I sort of compared it to Magicka since I couldn't even run the demo lol.

Anyways, since you guys say it'll work, there's no need for people to continue posting x)
  10. DuskDream Green Slime

haha ok, btw which demo? u mean the leaked one?
  11. Justin17 Demon Eye

Demo off of steam :confused: I meant I couldn't run the Magicka demo. There's a leaked Terraria demo?
  12. Solo Green Slime

Nope. :D
  13. DuskDream Green Slime

yeap, there is none, ive said nothing :p
  14. Lizzy-Chan Green Slime

Can someone help me please?
    I just got Terraria today...and I wanted to play it but it said no suitable graphics card found...

my processor is- Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
  15. Alanbato Cursed Skull

You shoul post your own thread with alll your computer specs, that way people will see and actually help you =P
  16. Foxx64 Penguin

That would have nothing to do with this post, and your processor is not necessary information. I'd like to know what kind of graphics card you have more preferably.

-Copypaste-
    Make sure that you have downloaded and installed both .NET 4 and XNA. Make sure that you install .NET 4.
  17. Lizzy-Chan Green Slime

I have Downloaded XNA but where can I download .NET 4?

It still says that I cant run it... I'm trying everything I can think of....
  18. Kjkillercom Doctor Bones