Will there be a beta?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Dewdler, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewdler Green Slime

Want to get my hands on this game as soon as possible!
  2. Mikesteam1234 Cursed Skull

I hope there will be an beta, game is supposed to release before the end of may but dont get your hopes up!
  3. aavri Cursed Skull

ummm... there is always at least an alpha and a beta.

I think the thing you wanted to know is if the beta playable to the public, which I say we don't know yet.
  4. TheWolfie Green Slime

it should be playable

teasing people this much is just cruel DX
  5. Lume Green Slime

There HAS to be a beta in developing a game, if I'm correct. The choice of them making it public is up to them.
  6. MrManNo1 Green Slime

This is what I came in to say, but you stole my completely original idea! :(
  7. Nemexus Green Slime

I'm assuming we're going to be able to play when Beta comes around.
  8. TheWolfie Green Slime

well acording to facebook (terraria page) the full game will be out sometime between may and june

so a playable beta would be before the fullgame is out
  9. Lladar Green Slime

I thought I heard somewhere that a playable beta was going to be released before the full version, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  10. BCPowers Green Slime

On the Terraria site, under the FAQ, it says the following,

"Can I become a tester for Terraria?
    Not right now, and we're not revealing whether we're going to have a beta test release or not."
  11. Cytrix4 Squirrel

Will there be a beta? Yes. Will it be released in beta? Most likely. The FAQ says in less than a few months (1-3) it'll be playable. I've never seen a game go from alpha through beta and finished in only 1-3 months
  12. Lladar Green Slime

So true. I keep saying that this game seems nicely polished for it to be in alpha. It still surprises me after watching the new LPs. We'll see what happens though. I'd love to see a beta release. My whole clan would buy it and tear it up for days! lol
  13. shot2bits Green Slime

As much as id like to be able to play this game as soon as possible i dont want to see it do another minecraft, in that the devs have to sway under pressure from the loudmouth masses who are entirely unpleasable whether you do what they ask or not, while the polite mannered less self important players have to suffer for it. not to say community feedback isnt a good thing but what goes on in minecrafts community is just utterly nuts
  14. Drewdawg Cursed Skull

We can only hope! =D
  15. Crimson Baron Green Slime

It doesn't HAVE to. It's really just convention.
  16. Mike Cursed Skull

I hope a playable beta comes out soon. It would be fun.
  17. TheWolfie Green Slime

i hope its out asap =3
  18. Crusty Cracker Green Slime

For my part, I really hope the beta won't be public. Atleast not completely public. It's always harder for the devs to filter out the more important messages from the community regarding bug finding and such, when there's a massive load of people whereof 70% just want to play the game for their fun.
  19. TheWolfie Green Slime

i hope its public

more people mean more bug finding = bugfixes

it would be the smartest thing todo
  20. Crusty Cracker Green Slime

Don't forget that many people want the beta to be public just so they can play the game. They give a fuck about bug finding and such.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.