TConfig [WIP] Experience

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Empio, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Empio Blazing Wheel

Version: 4

Reset your stats before downloading the latest update!

This mod adds experience and leveling to the game.
    Unlike other mods that are similar to this. This runs in tConfig.

There are also custom health and mana bars.

You can reset your stats by clicking reset in your inventory.
    To allocate stat points, click the icon in the bottom right of your screen, allocate your points and click 'Commit'.

There are six attributes, you get 4 stat points to spend each level.
    Strength increases melee damage, melee knockback and block damage reduction.
    Dexterity increases ranged damage and melee/ranged crit chance.
    Intellect increases magic damage, max mana and debuff damage.
    Wisdom increases magic crit chance and decreases damage received from debuffs.
    Vitality increases your maximum health.
    Endurance increases block chance and decreases damage received.

There are 500 levels.

Should work well enough in multiplayer now.

A standalone version of the life and mana bars is available.

Bugs:
    NPCs killed by projectiles not created by the player give the player experience.
    This is because the projectiles are created with the owner set to the local player.

Notes:
    If you want to disable any bonuses you've gained from the mod, simply reset your stat allocations before disabling the mod.

I'll get to commenting the code later.

Screenshots (open)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Akahashi Green Slime

Great !
    That exactly the mod i was looking for !
    And it's me or the RPG Gui look's like Diablo III one ?

Uh, i've just got a folder, how i install the mod without the .obj ?
  3. Darkercloud Lava Slime

You build it with the mod builder.
  4. Empio Blazing Wheel

Chuck it into "My Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModPacks\"
    Then build it with ":\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\ModPack Builder.exe"
  5. kehtilan Mouse

Im curious. What do all the stats do exactly? I was a little suprised there was no dexterity or anything. I would assume strength possible makes melee damage higher, and int works for magic damage, but if so, what about ranged damage? (installed and tried it out. The first time I used it, it "crashed" me back to the main menu of the game and did nothing. Seems to work okay now though. I see each stat has a popup which says what it does.)
    Empio likes this.
  6. Empio Blazing Wheel

Can you tell me what the crash said?
  7. I really love the idea of an RPG-style Terraria. I tried the mod out for a bit, but I've found a few strange issues.

Firstly, my stats were shared across the two characters I used this mod with, a bug you probably mentioned in the original thread post. I leveled one up, then when I leveled the other, I noticed he already had four stats placed in the same areas as my other character, and benefited from them. The bug doesn't seem to be multi-player as you've theorized, as I was offline.
    Secondly, the health/mana bars were practically hidden as I still had the old health and mana displays right in front of them.
    Empio likes this.
  8. Empio Blazing Wheel

Terraria's health and mana bars shouldn't be drawing. Do you have any other mods active that use custom health bars?

The issue for offline use seems to happen for me if I create a new character.
  9. Ah, I suppose it would be Shockah's "Health Up!" mod.

I did indeed create both characters after activating the mod. I'll test out uninstalling and re-installing to see if stats will become separate.

Then both can possibly be fixed without an update from you, at least in a make-shift fashion. Excellent. Thanks for creating this mod.
  10. Empio Blazing Wheel

A new version is up. This should fix the newly created player stat duplication.
  11. kehtilan Mouse

it sadly didnt say anything.. just acted like I exited the world, except it didnt save the data of leveling etc. After few tries it appeared to stop doing it, but I didnt extensively test it. I may be because the overlay is above the "save and exit" button, and my click was somehow passing through? Thats what it seemed like. Also, the stats say strength raises damage. Does it raise all damage? Melee/ranged/magic?
  12. Empio Blazing Wheel

All damage. I could probably change it to only increase melee damage.
    Strength would most likely because a much less favourable stat end-game though.

I'm not sure how it would have exited the world (doesn't seem like a crash).
    If you didn't have your inventory open at the time, I have no idea what is causing it.
  13. Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

There is an option "1-5x (custom display)" in my Health Up! mod, which makes the hearts/stars go away, but still lets you get more HP/mana.
    Edgemaster Scion likes this.
  14. Surfpup Raincoat Zombie

I'm also curious about what each stat does. If there were a stamina bar of some sort, I would expect Endurance to affect that. Also, Diablo 2 font is very nostalgic.
  15. Empio Blazing Wheel

I'll put a description for each stat in the OP. You can mouse over a stat's text in the attributes dialog to get information on what they do.
  16. Nikalus Green Slime

Is it possible to make the amount of levels configurable and or is there already a way to change them to what ever we like for a min/max?
  17. Empio Blazing Wheel

Levels are calculated in ModWorld.Initialize (Experience/Global/ModWorld.cs). They are only set once.
    Integers have a max value, so you can't have an infinite number of levels (unless you modified the way levels are done).

There's currently no non-coder friendly way to set level caps.
  18. DarkStar076 Cursed Man

Hi Empio,
    I have another question about the Strength Attribute.

For some reason none of my weapons deal any additional damage over their base stats even though i have 30 points in Strength. However Adding points to Intellect & Vitality increase Mana and Health.
    (I am using tConfig 0.28.2 if that makes any difference)

Thanks for your time (and the mod)
    Empio likes this.
  19. Empio Blazing Wheel

The new updated version should fix that.
    DarkStar076 likes this.
  20. kehtilan Mouse

Why do you think strength would be less favorable? Because of the fact that terraria isnt melee friendly late game? (least I have never found it to be.. hell.. its rarely friendly at all.. I swear the bosses have like 1 or two weapon options that work, or you cant kill them in time or they kill you)

I just think separating out the stats adds a more dynamic feel. Otherwise you just pump STR and do great ranged, magic, and melee damage. Requires no focus or specialization. i realize melee may not be favorable, but its still a personal choice I think. If you choose to focus on melee, you would go str, even if its more difficult, that was your choice.

(edit) After thinking about it, I would possibly do str raising melee damage and defense (a smaller amount) Add Dexterity possibly (Ranged damage and movement speed/jump height possibly) Intelligence (Magic damage and max mana, possibly mana regen to a small extent) and Vitality raising max HP and a small amount of HP regen, and endurance raising just defense?
    Empio likes this.