Pre 1.2 [WIP] Loophole (Prequel) [Eye Candy] [Parkour]

Discussion in 'Work in Progress Maps' started by Astroflux, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

Hello Map Makers/ Enjoyers,

After a long break from playing Terraria, and being more active on other games, I have been itching to build another parkour map mostly for the enjoyment of my friend recently buying the game. It makes the most sense to build it and make it public though so that others can hopefully enjoy it. In order to make it any good, I'm going to need some ideas from the community considering I don't have a partner I can fuse ideas with anymore. I'm looking to make the prequel to the story "Loophole" as I had hoped to before I left the game, and I have found so far that it is very challenging making a parkour map without the ruins. If there are any suggestions for possible puzzles I can make, or jumping puzzles, I would definitely like to hear them.

I am looking to include:
    - Co-op necessary puzzles
    - Point system
    - Many Buildings
    - Jumping puzzles
    - Story-line that doesn't force you to read tons of signs.
    - Wiring traps
    - Wiring puzzles
    - Immersive environment
    - Some adventure
    And I also want to make sure that the map takes a while, but isn't too challenging, and forces you to think at the same time.

So I would definitely enjoy hearing all your feedback on the idea in general, and suggestions. I will make sure to add images of early stages of the map, and I'll try to keep you updated even though I'm not super great at it.

P.S. If anyone is interested in helping me with the map, all I ask is that you have previous map making experience, ideas for the map coming in, and Skype for communication. It would be very helpful, allow for testing the co-op parts, and speed up the creation process quite a bit.
  2. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

Very VERY early start on the spawn. Could use some ideas on where to head with the design...

2013-01-02_00001.jpg
  3. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Will Electroflux be in on this? Also I can help with wiring puzzles greatly.
  4. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

I honestly haven't had any connection to Electro for about 7 months now. We split up a while ago, partially cause he was getting busy, and partially cause we were done with Terraria and couldn't find another game we wanted to play together. Otherwise I could really use someone with wiring skills considering I hardly remember basic functions of the game.
  5. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

I have many wiring skills. Also Electro is here sometimes. He started up 2 failed maps
  6. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Are you trying to make this open world? In order of challenges? Traveling between towns?
  7. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

I'm definitely using the idea of tunnels connecting towns, just like the first loophole. Except this time, they won't be destroyed. I'm probably going to use tunnels as traveling between areas for inserting parkour, and I'll have to be creative with parkour in town.
  8. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

In that case I would suggest in towns building houses very vertically. That way parkour will be easier to put in. Also players won't easily be able to see complete buildings and will have to think about how things connect.
  9. Classikly Frankenstein

Nice to see you back on board.
    Astroflux likes this.
  10. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

I think I understand what you're saying, but if I don't I might be twisting it a bit. I like the general idea though and you just gave me something I can work with. Thank you.
  11. Classikly Frankenstein

You do realize that Electroflux is available for communication. Have you tried contacting him?
  12. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

Ok, I need someone to help me with this map that is good at interior house design. There are so many decorations, and I don't know what to do with them. Otherwise I can get the house connections and outlines down, and pretty much everything else that has to do with "eye-candy" I can take care of.
  13. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

To be honest, we really don't talk much anymore. We say some things to each other, but we've both gone our own ways. I'm just doing this map mostly to show the original preview of the story before the ruins, and to release another map to the community since it looks like there has been a couple absolutely amazing maps that take time, and not many others. There definitely are a few good maps, but a lot of them seem underworked.
    Classikly likes this.
  14. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

Hey I'm nearly done with the very beginning area's outline. If you want, I can start up a gameranger terraria server with the map on and I'll be able to show you where and how I need wiring done. You can improvise however you want but I have a basic idea.
  15. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

That could happen, but I would prefer if you just gave me some screen shots and tell me what you want, then send me the map and I could go work on it in Buildaria.
  16. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

That would be easier except I don't exactly know what I want. It's really hard implementing puzzles since not only do they have to look pretty but they have to be made so there are no alternate ways through... And when I'm working on the map I tend to go back and change things to fit in with the parts I've added on. I'm kind of relying on one of my friends for the storyline since I have no creativity in that matter, nor am I super technical with wiring except for basic puzzles such as the ones I made in loophole pt.1. Even that stuff took me a while to find out.
  17. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

If you come up with a puzzle idea, I can try it. And remember you can think big. There is actually a lot that can be done with Terraria wiring.
  18. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

Well If I gave you the current .wld file and put signs in places I was thinking basic puzzles could be implemented, would you think that you'll have a few ideas from previous experiments?
  19. Astroflux Slimed Zombie

I mean It's hardly big currently and 70% of the "decor" hasn't even been added yet, so It really looks gross, but otherwise I have the basic outline down.
  20. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Yes. It's been a long time since I've made a straight up puzzle, but I can see if anything comes to mind once I get the map.