[WIP/Released] New World Types [tConfig]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Wigglesniff, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Wigglesniff

Wigglesniff World Feeder

Lately, I've been working on creating more world generators for Terraria. This mod will basically allow for different styles of gameplay instead of just vanilla Terraria. I will be taking requests for world generators, as the possibilities are almost endless.

Red = Not started
    Orange = 1-20% done
    Yellow = 21-40% done
    Green = 41-60% done
    Blue = 61-80% done
    Purple = 81-99% done
    Pink = Finished

ATLANTIS V1.0.2
    -Floods almost the whole world
    -Adds tons of little mini islands floating on the surface of the water
    -Creates a massive underground city on an island, "Atlantis" (Will be in 1.2)
    -This essentially is a randomly generated survival map
    -Possible to get every game item
    Version 1.0.0 Changelog (open)

-Islands spawn across the entire world
    -Trees spawn on the islands
    -Ore and stone spawn on the islands

Version 1.0.1 Changelog (open)

-Bug fixes

Version 1.0.2 Changelog (open)

-Chest at the spawn containing a water-walking potion
    -More types of islands(Desert, Corruption, Snow, Jungle)

MECHANICAL
    -No natural blocks such as stone, wood, dirt etc...
    -New biomes
    -Lots of traps and lava
    -Mini dungeons everywhere
    -Possible to get every vanilla item except the natural blocks

Attached Files:

2. kingicarus

kingicarus Floaty Gross

Ive been waiting for someone to pickup the task of unique world generation, I cant wait to see the mod come to fruition!

Wigglesniff likes this.
  3. Zetta31

Zetta31 Demon Eye

I think Atlantis has been done before as a world generation option but in a different way. This mechanical world sounds interesting though. I'd like to see where this can go from here.

4. Wigglesniff

Wigglesniff World Feeder

Glad to here it!! I also had the same thoughts so this was the result :p

I certainly hope that my Atlantis will be fun and unique then. I am aiming for a steampunk feel with the mechanical world, but it may be a while though since there are sooooo many buildings that way.

Screenshots of atlantis up.

5. Wigglesniff

Wigglesniff World Feeder

V1.0.0 of Atlantis is out.

-Islands spawn across the entire world
    -Trees spawn on the islands
    -Ore and stone spawn on the islands

I will have underwater islands up soon along with the dungeon.
    I am highly open to suggestions as this is still very much a beta.

nababoo likes this.
  6. kingicarus

kingicarus Floaty Gross

Ah, glad to see you're still working on the project, I was convinced you had dropped it!

7. nababoo

nababoo Dark Caster

This is a very exciting project -- different from the "armor and weapon" mods out there :p

Just a suggestion -- the Atlantis mini-islands don't seem to have that much "island-ism" to them. They just seem like floating dirt-boats on the water. I would say that floating-island esque islands would look more natural

8. Wigglesniff

Wigglesniff World Feeder

Thanks :) ... Implementing the regular terraria islands sounds good, as well as saving a ton of code (just one line to call terraria's pre-existing function)

It is a simpler in another sense to use my custom island generator since I can have it modified easily to be corrupted/jungle/snow etc...

So what I'm getting at is what would I need to add to my islands to make them more island-esque ???

9. nababoo

nababoo Dark Caster

Well, I'd say larger and smaller islands, to add some variety. They would have differences between them -- a lava mountain here, a snow island, jungle island, etc.

How are you going to implement the dungeon though? Very big island?

10. alecool34

alecool34 Tim

Downloading now. "Randomly Generated Survival Map"... Sounds awesome!
    GL with the MECH type, I really want to see that one in action.

11. zetaPRIME

zetaPRIME Demon Eye

I took a quick look at your code, and this would take minimal effort to turn into a WorldGen Plus generator (pretty much just copy+paste, and if you did that, you could have it all as a single pack, what with the generator selector and all); perhaps for a future version?

12. Wigglesniff

Wigglesniff World Feeder

That seems good. I definitely could add bigger islands easily and changing the types will be in a future update.

As for the dungeon, I was thinking that I could have the old man up in his island, and the having the dungeon be directly below that totally submerged in water.

How's that sound?

Yeah, I would definitely be open to doing that. I've seen WG+, and it looks AMAZING!!!

I will go check it out in more detail and see what I can do.

By the way, congrats on deciphering my code in all of its messiness. xD

13. MiraiMai

MiraiMai Hell Bat

Hmm, I like the idea of having the dungeon under water, but please change the entrance to make it more water friendly :p Maybe make a staircase inside the entrance so that the door is below floor level, so when you open the door you don't end up draining the ocean into the dungeon.

Although, it would be interesting if you changed bits of the dungeon to have a matching theme, such as flooded rooms, possibly appearing collapsed, etc.

Oh and, possibly little air pockets here and there under water? Such as underwater islands but with small caves, or rooms in Atlantis with air near the ceiling. (Admittedly I haven't tried your generator yet, I might wait until you get WG+ support, sorry if I'm suggesting planned/included features)

Random idea I had before hitting Reply, why not make Atlantis the dungeon, and have a tower or something stick out of the water as a somewhat easy access

14. Wigglesniff

Wigglesniff World Feeder

I agree with everything you posted there :) ... The dungeon is planned to be themed as well as an anti-flooding mechanism. I briefly thought about making Atlantis the dungeon, which is creepy because you have had the EXACT same thoughts as me with pretty much everything :p The reason I am restraining from doing this is just for the sole purpose of making Atlantis epic. If Atlantis is just a stand alone thing it has endless possibilities. Probably the underwater islands will be in the next update. They are pretty much gonna be the same old normal islands, but with a glass dome around them.

15. MiraiMai

MiraiMai Hell Bat

Well remember, you don't have to follow the vanilla generator, you can have the dungeon spawn in the middle of the map, and cover the entire width of the map on the sea floor(some above the sea floor, some below), you can have multiple entrances, have it reach down into and have entrances in the Underworld, etc. Lots of complicated coding if you end up doing the entire generator from scratch, but would help with your epic effect :p If anything, you shouldn't have to rewrite the underworld, saves you some work :p

16. alecool34

alecool34 Tim

Do you know if you could decrease the height at wich the islands spawn? It's freaking annoying to take it up the butt from Harpies whenever I try to bridge across the sea.

17. Wigglesniff

Wigglesniff World Feeder

Ohh... Yeah absolutely... I Should have it up soon

18. nababoo

nababoo Dark Caster

I'd think that underground citadels would be epic.

Can you replace the dungeon with Atlantis-themed dungeons?

19. Wigglesniff

Wigglesniff World Feeder

Yeah that's the plan, an overgrown with vines and plants water filled dungeon :p

20. nababoo

nababoo Dark Caster

Then I anticipate the next update :D