TConfig [WIP] Terraria Avalon

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by blahblahbal, May 23, 2012.

1. PoroCYon Crimera

np! i'm always open to questions!... exept when i'm busy with studying/modding or when i'm offline
  2. Hazurin Cursed Man

Having some troubles using the latest version of this mod. (Using tConfig 0.28.2h)

First, I'm unable to rebuild the mod due to it throwing errors on Awestruck.ini with "Input string was not in a correct format.

Secondly, though it can still be played, it gives a pretty big error when trying to use the Grapple quickbutton.
    Show Spoiler

Code (Avalon ModPlayer PreQuickGrapple(Terraria.Player,)) Error:
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 Terraria.Projectile.NewProjectile(Single, Single, Single, Single, Int32, Int32, Single, Int32)'.
    at Terraria.ModPlayer.PreQuickGrapple(Player P)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at Terraria.Codable.RunSpecifiedMethod(String details, Object code, String methodName, Object[] parameters)

Not sure what the reason for this is, seeing as it seems others can rebuild it just fine.
    (I'm running Win7 64bit, and tried the above mentioned with a fresh terraria/launchergui/tconfig install)
  3. PoroCYon Crimera

we know the error, and it's pretty stupid. it says you can't spawn a projectile. we don't have a solution yet, and i don't have that error. hmmm :/
  4. blahblahbal Anomura Fungus

Another update!

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tnshh3xv8t0r7f/Terraria Avalon 9.8.zip

An upgrade to Starfury is included, Starstorm. Aaand I just remembered I forgot to change the rarity to 3. >_<.

Anyway, Freeze Bolt works a little bit better in this version, but it's still got a bug in it somewhere :U.

Next version is planned to have a change in the recipe of the Elemental Rod. I'm taking out the Dirt Rod and replacing it with Ice Shards(10 of them).
  5. Jaheal Mouse

Yeah, rebuilding the mod fixes that grapple button error.
    Are you trying to rebuild it with the in-game option or are you using the .exe that's in your terraria install folder? I'm running the same windows version as you, and the .exe works for me.
  6. PoroCYon Crimera

or update .NET to 4.5. also works
  7. Jaheal Mouse

I... completely forgot about .NET, maybe I should go update that. xD
  8. Hazurin Cursed Man

Tried both...
    ...unfortunately, still not working for me...

...THOUGH, After churning away on a really old laptop I had, I finally managed to get it rebuilt properly there. (just installing .net 4.0, steam and terraria took 8 hours X_x)
    But oh well... Even though cumbersome, at least I can play it proplerly now :)

EDIT: Great mod by the way. ;)
    EDIT2: Aaaand scratch that. Laptop died, and after getting my friend to try it, he's apparently getting the same errors >.<.

On another note though, fiddled a bit in the prefix .ini's and after swapping all the periods with commas it seems like tConfig accepted them... but now it's stuck on "Checking NPC Chaos Elemental" instead (the .ini file again)... but this time I can't figure any workarounds at all... *sigh*
  9. Kontaro Green Slime

Does this mod add in any village npcs? or just enemies?
  10. CinderTheCat Squirrel

Is this MP compatible
  11. RussLeeIV Yellow Slime

Nice looking mod. I havent tried it yet but there are several items that I really like, Band of Health, Eye of the Gods and Goblin Toolbelt are a few.
  12. PoroCYon Crimera

enemies only.
    i think so, but it isn't tested. but there isn't anything that will mess up the netplay.
  13. Tdadus Green Slime

Hello Dear Sir
    Me and my buddies have been playing this mod from 2 weeks now but we've been stuck we can not kill the Cataryast due to lack of bloodshots lens we've been using Attraction Potions and still no Blood Eyes
    WE JUST WANNA ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. PoroCYon Crimera

weird... dunno what the problem is. probably just some bad luck. are you sure you are at the surface and not at sky-island level?
  15. Tdadus Green Slime

We just stand at the surface and wait for monsters we get no zombies no nothing at night
  16. PoroCYon Crimera

1: is the mod turned on?
    2: are there any town npcs close to you?
    3: what version of tconfig and avalon do you use?
    4: are there any other mods turned on? do they add many npcs?
  17. Tdadus Green Slime

We only run Avalon, We just recently updates to 9.8 Avalon and using 1.1.2.0.28.1 Tconfig and we stay by our npc house when we use our attraction potion
  18. PoroCYon Crimera

is there a town npc near the house? the guide?
  19. Tdadus Green Slime

Yeah all the npcs
  20. PoroCYon Crimera

of course they don't spawn there. the npcs are coded that they don't spawn when you're near town npcs.