TConfig [WIP] Terravalice - FFTactics in Terraria

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Corvus Sevenbranch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Corvus Sevenbranch

Corvus Sevenbranch Green Slime

Hello everyone, Corvus here.
    I've been browsing these forums for a while and decided it was time I tried my hand at modding.
    I'm starting my first mod with the goal of porting all of the gear from Final Fantasy Tactics into Terraria. This came about because I feel that the base game is too constrained in the crafting area, almost all the gear in the game is constructed of a single material.

Ok, just so you guys know I am actually doing something, here is what I have so far.
    Mind you, I haven't done much balancing yet, but it'll give you an idea of what I'm doing.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?lr2g8c4iyje1b

PS: I like feedback

2. FatObeseBird

FatObeseBird Eskimo Zombie

That sounds like a HUGE challenge... if it was FF it would be alot easier but tactics? :confused: how are you planning on putting that into the mod

3. Corvus Sevenbranch

The gear actually doesn't look like it's going to be a huge deal.
    Most of the special abilities have similar counterparts in the Terraria code.
    As far as the playstyle? Not even gonna go there, way beyond my abilities right now.
    But the gear I can do, I'm sure of that.

4. Ijwu

Ijwu Crimera

I sincerely hope you carry through with this. FF:Tactics comprised much of my early childhood years. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was damn fun anyway.

smokesjackson likes this.
  5. smokesjackson

smokesjackson Snow Flinx

Same here my girl friend left me at one time because of that game

6. Corvus Sevenbranch

Well, I'm definitely taking my time with this, I want it to come out well.
    Got a few of the Knight Swords in, Defender, Save the Queen, Ragnarok, all seem to be working as intended.
    My first armor is being a headache though. Seems getting the arms to match up with the armor is going to be a pain, as there is no way to tell just where on the armor a given arm animation will be attached.
    Oh yes, and I'm having a problem with the .cs for a lifestealing weapon. Tried copying from the tutorial, but it didn't work. I've tried a few revisions to it based on the weapon effects that I have gotten to work, still noting.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

7. Corvus Sevenbranch

Ok, putting out a call for help to you sprite artists.
    I have a glitch in one of my animation files, and I haven't been able to figure it out.
    this file: http://filebeam.com/997bf523d2c863129e98e30d31f0a355.jpg
    Everything looks fine on it, but when I put it in-game, I get a black square flickering on the back of the helmet.
    Please, this is getting very annoying. I need help.
    Thank You, in advance, to anyone who takes the time to figure this out.
    [Edit]
    Yeah, I'm a noob. It's not the helmet doing it, it's one of the other pieces. >.<

8. Corvus Sevenbranch

updated first post