TConfig [WIP] Waypoints

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by BobClown, Feb 1, 2013.

1. BobClown Green Slime

This mod adds the ability to create waypoints that you can travel between.

[IMG]

After using the waypoint tile, a number of screens will popup indicating a small area around the destination tile. Left click on one of the destinations to be warped to them.

Items
    The following items are required to create the waypoint.

• Collapsing Star
      Requires: 1 Fallen Star, 50 Soul of Night

This, when used, launches a small red star towards the cursor. After a second or two, the star begins to consume everything in its immediate area. When the star consumes enough raw material (or a significantly smaller number of fallen stars), it will explode, leaving an unstable singularity in its place. Warning: intense gravitational forces exist near the star.
    • Silver-crystal Lattice
      Requires: 50 Crystal Shard,30 Silver Bar

This item stabilizes an unstable singularity, leaving a waypoint item in its place.
    • Waypoint
      The final product. When used, creates a waypoint tile, allowing the player to travel between existing waypoints. Travel is hazardous to your health.
    Known Bugs
    • (Fixed in 0.2a) If you use switch to windowed mode, then back to full screen, the mini screens will appear corrupt. At this time, the only solution is to relaunch the game.
    • (Apparently Fixed) Sometimes wrecks the rendering for the rest of the game on certain cards. Might be fixed in 0.3.2a.
    Not Bugs
    • Collapsing stars and unstable singularities do not save. This is intended.
    • No lighting on the mini screens. You can see all tiles at full luminosity.
    Changes
    • 2013/04/12
      Not a release, but the bugs all seem to be fixed. Unless anyone else finds anything, this is complete.
    • 0.3.2a
      Added a depth buffer mode reset after screen renders to attempt to correct black screen issue.
      Changed some calls to reference GraphicsDevice more directly.
    • 0.3.1a
      Moved mini screen refresh calls to PlayerUpdate.
    • 0.3a
      Added arrows to the side of the screens to indicate the area is scrollable.
    • 0.2a
      Fixed mini screen corruption when changing between fullscreen and windowed mode.

Attached Files:

2. Titot Slimed Zombie

Just nice :D downloading

Edit: FIRST OH YEA
  3. Classikly Frankenstein

Tip to self: Don't fly too close to the sun.

I ended up having to 'feed' it stars that I hacked in. Might wanna think about that.

Edit: It only displays four waypoints at a time? Wait ermagawd the menu scrolls sideways.
  4. BobClown Green Slime

The intention was that you have to feed your star at some point, typically fallen stars. The base recipe only takes one, which makes the ~20 required account for what would be the rest of the recipe (20 fallen star, 50 soul of night).

I've added arrows to indicate the screens are scrollable. Thanks for the feedback.
    Yoraiz0r likes this.
  5. Darkercloud Lava Slime

Does this require tconfig beta? Because when I used the mod after I activate a waypoint it flashes the destination for about a second and my game screen turns black but with sound still going. And when I press my number keys I can hear the different slots on hotbar being selected.

Edit: Beta doesn't make a difference either.
  6. BobClown Green Slime

Well, crap. I was hoping that wouldn't happen.

I'm thinking your drivers don't like me starting another SpriteBatch.Begin/End block within the current SpriteBatch.Begin/End block while changing render targets (assuming we're all running the same version of the XNA). I rebuilt the mod to use PlayerUpdate to redraw the screenshots (0.3.1a). Give it a shot?
  7. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

This reminded me , I wanted to comment about how you should ask a moderator to remove the versioning number from the thread name :p
  8. BobClown Green Slime

I was wondering how to do that... :)

Edit: I thought I could edit it later.
  9. Classikly Frankenstein

Yeah I don't know why he did that.
  10. Darkercloud Lava Slime

Nope, Still got the same issue. :( I have a radeon hd 6850 if you were curious.
  11. Loki ISP Moderator

Version number removed from title
  12. Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

How about working out with admins to let people edit titles of their threads? :p Most of the forums let people do that.

Also, nice mod! Will definitely want to look at the screenshot taking / rendering code.
  13. Loki ISP Moderator

Indeed, it's been suggested before....but it just hasn't and probably isn't happening. :(

In the meantime, I'm more than happy to do it for you guys if you just let me know.
  14. BobClown Green Slime

Thank you. :)

Thanks. It was fun to make. ^.^ Maybe you can see what dumb thing I'm forgetting that produces a black screen...

I am definitely curious and still running into a wall with this one. :( Just to see, I made a few "test" versions. If you don't mind turning these on one at a time and seeing what breaks, I'd appreciate it. :)

"No Screen Copy" just picks from the item textures, doesn't make screens at all. You should see a pick, dirt, stone, a mushroom, etc.
    "No Draw Copy" makes the screens, but doesn't draw anything.

Attached Files:

15. Darkercloud Lava Slime

I keep getting an error when trying to activate the mod. "Input sting was not in correct format"
  16. BobClown Green Slime

That's what I get for lazily trying to rename each recompile late at night. They should work now. >.<
  17. Darkercloud Lava Slime

With the no screen copy i do see a pickaxe when I activate the waypoint. With the no draw copy, when I load into a world my screen goes black.
  18. BobClown Green Slime

Definitely the render target change, then. After reading up on the RenderTarget2d a little more, I'm trying resetting the depth buffer mode flag.

Other code uses this method as well, still not sure why it's breaking here. =/ Is anyone else getting a black screen?
  19. Darkercloud Lava Slime

For some reason this mod works for me now, And I love it.