You Feel an Evil Presence is Watching You

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cinder, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Green Slime

I got this message while digging a hole.

I'm scared D:
  2. SASMarco Cursed Skull

I got the same message when I found glowing mushrooms for the first time.

*shivers*
  3. Toraxa Green Slime

A few minutes later, if you're at the surface and it's still night, an Eye of Cthulu will be spawned. You can avoid it though simply by staying underground.
  4. Noboty Green Slime

You're welcome.
    Greenmumble likes this.
  5. Tybirion Blazing Wheel

Dude i almost sh*t my pants when i got this. i was playing on a small world and thot i was near dungeon and Skeletron heads were about to come i HAMMERD magic mirror.
  6. Noboty Green Slime

You, too, are welcome, sir/madam.
  7. Tybirion Blazing Wheel

uhm for what... o.0
  8. SASMarco Cursed Skull

Aww, I wish I had went up!
  9. opia Green Slime

I just had this happen too, except...

I had literally crafted a suspicious eye that day and when night turned displaying that message i assumed it was because i was carrying the eye. I proceeded to summon Cthulu with the suspicious eye only to have TWO Cthulus turn up -.-

I kind of died quite a bit...
    Zman12380, ManoloMan, JoeyJam and 3 others like this.
  10. FDru Doctor Bones

I had my depth-o-meter on and I was 666 feet under when I got that message.
  11. Cro_Player Squirrel

LOL
    i got that massag and i shit my pants too
    well that means that after a short time eye boss will spawn
    you will got one message again in day that he is woken up so you can ready yourself till the night
  12. Tomchez Demon Eye

I got this Online and non of the 8 people in the server knew what was going to happen, turned into massacre xD
    Zman12380 likes this.
  13. Cro_Player Squirrel

14. The_ShadoW Doctor Bones

It's tied to getting your first glowing mushroom in a world.
  15. Federic Green Slime

i got this message today while i was mining my first obsidium, so i google it and end here! i died drownning but i can easily solo the eye cause i have my phoenix blaster :D :cool:
  16. Ovenbaked Green Slime

You sure?
    I got my first glowing mushroom 10 hours ago and only got the message now.
    I had literally just defeated a goblin siege, after having fought the eater of worlds... and i'm expecting an meteorite any day now... way too much action now.
  17. Drewdawg Blazing Wheel

Someone please sticky what this means... Only the 4Billionth thread about it.
  18. Drewdawg Blazing Wheel

Umm no it's not. It happens when you break a shadow orb.
  19. The_ShadoW Doctor Bones

We both may be right.
    In 3 of my games the only event roughly corresponding to the Eye message was getting the first glowing mushroom (and no, I won't even go near corruption prior to a heavy exploration of the rock layer). However, I suspect there's more than that. Basically, at some point the game decides that you are strong enough to tackle the Eye -- there could be multiple triggers. It could gauge your equipment, for example.

There's also some sort of a blocker to goblin army -- it can't happen too early as well (though I think the death of a boss is allowing a possibility of an army, it's pure speculation though).
  20. Drewdawg Blazing Wheel

It's not tied to mushrooms whatsoever. And for goblin everyone must have 300hp and broken one orb
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.