Your best creations (Competition)

Discussion in 'Console' started by 505Games, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loki ISP Moderator

PuLSe.....I wouldn't assume the winner of one is indicative of the rest....I'm thinking 505 is looking for variety. To show off a wide range of what is possible....
  2. PuLSe Cactus King

Okies, you asked for it! While I'm busy putting others pics together, let's let it all hang out...

Club SuccuBuS. By... everybody... built using... everything...
    Club Succubus.png

Let's see, there's RainWanderer, Kingpose, Eldoro, Enzym, Draco Stryfe, connery0, ExplosiveSheep, GernotTheClonkerer, Sercease, Howie Lightning, PuLSe... this was supposed to keep you busy while I'm busy...
  3. Loki ISP Moderator

That is pretty damned awesome....though you guys would have to pick one of you to receive the prize. :p
  4. Ryan123220 Bunny

[IMG]

A functioning waterfall base with a greenhouse. Interested in watching the build? Ill have the video up in a few hours!
    www.youtube.com/Ryan123220
    Maveryk and ahamling27 like this.
  5. PuLSe Cactus King

Had I known how much work this was going to be (that would have taken 5 seconds of thought) I never would have started this... but once I got going, I didn't want to leave anybody out. I'm sure I'll fail at that. I'll have 1 more post after this - just a few favorite scenes that will include some of the previous builds.

There are some originals in here, and quite a few that were built using ideas from other sources. I don't know the names of all of them, but I'll at least include builder and method insofar as I'm able.

17 More from The CraTeR (open)

Angry birds by geo.calin32, Dinghy by Draco Stryfe, the rest by PuLSe. Built by hand.
    2013-02-17_00001.jpg

Klingon Bird of Prey by PuLSe. Built by hand and TEdit (shadow orb and insertion of Kieve's Mech). Klingon symbol by Rhytech.
    Bird of Prey.png

Cyclops by GernotTheClonkerer, Corruptor by Enzym, Sonics by KKslida, Metroid dudes and bird thingy by Sercease - built by hand. Arrangement and terraforming by PuLSe. The tail on left is RainWanderer's Medusa.
    Dipping Cyclops.png

Spiderman Sonic by Bardioc Thundar, Doom Eye by Sercease. Built by hand.
    Doom Eye and Spider Sonic.png

Built by hand by Sercease.
    Eyeball dude.png

Gateway by Kaing. Built by hand and TEdit.
    Gateway.jpg

Invisible Monster by PuLSe, Spiders by PuLSe from StickyIcky design. Built by hand.
    Johnny Quest Invisible Monster.png

The Monster by kalvindeane (WIP). Built by hand - IMO, the largest single pixel art at this level of detail ever built by hand in Terraria when complete (prove me wrong). There are enormous wings on either side.
    kalvindeane monster head.png

Mechwarrior Lab by Slownick. Built by hand.
    Large Mech.png

Medusa's trophy case, built by hand... by many.
    Medusa's Trophy Case.png

Mechwarriors by Kieve. Built by hand.
    Mechs.png

Metroid dude by Sercease, built by hand. Micmic challenge by connery0, built by hand.
    Metroid dude on the pot.png

Shark by Sercease, built by hand.
    Shark.png

Space Invaders by 8-Bits, Flying Saucer by PuLSe. Built by hand and TEdit.
    Space invaders by 8-Bits.png

Clouds and Lightning by PuLSe from ExplosiveSheep design. Built by hand and TEdit. The lightning works, creating an obstacle for boss fights in the Haunted Arena. If you load the CraTeR sound file, the music boxes provide thunder.
    Clouds.png

Haunted Castles/Skull Arena by PuLSe. Built by hand and TEdit. Bat by KKslida, built by hand. GernotTheClonkerer helped with the doors.
    Haunted Castles.png
  6. Loki ISP Moderator

I've loved your posts Pulse. Very worth it!
  7. Varler Flying Fish

I suppose I should enter my stuff as well. Wall Pixel art is my specialty!

Varler's wall of text art:

Utsuho Reiuji (By hand, also my first pixel art)
    Utsuho_Reiuji_Terraria_Pixel_Art.jpg

Samus Aran (By hand)
    Samus_Pixel_Art.png

Mega Man (By hand, 3 in a row with arm cannonz ftw)
    Mega_Man_Pixel_Art.png

Terra Branford (By hand)
    Terra_Bradford_Pixel_Art.png

Piranha Plant (By hand)
    Piranha_Plant_Pixel_Art.png

Yoshi (By hand)
    Yoshi_Pixel_Art.png

Bowser Jr. (By hand)
    Bowser_Jr_Pixel_Art.png

Shikieiki Yamaxanadu (By hand, but touched up with Microsoft Paint because of ugly wall shading)
    Shikieiki Yamaxanadu.png

Touhou Hijack (By hand)
    Touhou_Hijack_Lol_Pixel_Art.png

2DForts Central Castle Prototype (With TEdit, and yes, that is the Eye of Sauron on top of a clock tower.)
    V17 Castle.png

You can see all* of this stuff on 2DForts v17! :D (Screenshots taken and pasted together in Microsoft Paint)

*Except for Touhou Hijack... that was lost in a catastrophic server crash. :(

Finally, a little request for Redigit, could you make something near invisible that illuminates an area, but doesn't have to be placed on a block? It would certainly be superior to torches for lighting...
    TurtleYo, Dragonized, PuLSe and 4 others like this.
  8. GernotTheClonkeror Doctor Bones

Totally forgot this little tidbit I made for a video a while back. Simple, and small yet, somehow, this creation manages to contain the entirety of Terraria.
    Terra.png
    connery0 likes this.
  9. PuLSe Cactus King

Yeah, I thought about that on some of these and have it figured out - I'll drag you into it!:p

I'll zip a whole number under 100, password it and send it to you. Builders take their best guess, then I send you password and you reveal... closest to the pin wins! Of course, 505's gotta pick one of 'em first...

Thanks man, that means a lot.

@Varler: Nice! Terra Branford is my fav:cool:

Here's my last gasp here (The crowd goes wild! Wait... what?)

Just a few of my favorite views, a response to a request, and my very humble abode... I think I've already identified builders and methods for these.

Ever get the feeling you were being watched?
    2013-02-18_00002.jpg

The Valley is supposed to be idyllic... harmless... Edenic. Nothing captures that better than the Docks. I love hanging out here.
    2013-02-19_00001.jpg

2013-02-19_00002.jpg

2013-02-19_00003.jpg

These two just belong together.
    eye and cobra.png

Dueling Dragons.
    Dueling.png

My fav of my own builds.
    Haunted Castles.png

Mad Scientist's Lab. The cannon on the left fires at the Space Invaders above. Flip a switch, and the Wraith in the test tube... writhes. The 'arena' in the top middle is only a temporary structure set up to slaughter Harpies 'cause they pushed me too far...
    Mad Scientist's Lab.png

By request, Medusa's Trophy Case which honors the major contributors. Sadly, Stratzenblitz75 and GernotTheClonkerer are not yet pictured - their statues are in production...
    Medusa's Trophy case.png

My humble abode. Bottom left are spartan NPC quarters, quickly converted from an arena I had there until I went out and constructed the Worm Pit. It's been nearly a year and a half since then and I still have yet to come back and finish... sigh...
    PuLSe House.png
  10. LocaButt Green Slime

No disrespect toward the fine art you all are doing, its absolutely wonderful art. And I do mean that!! BUT how does Mario and the gang (which I have seen done over and over) represent the functionality or the game at all?
    Let the flaming begin, I don't care - I just had to point that out.
    Again, I don't mean any disrespect toward the winner - it just makes no sense to me.
    MantasX12 likes this.
  11. MantasX12 Dungeon Guardian

Same :D.
  12. PuLSe Cactus King

They set up a discussion thread to talk about things related to this one to try and keep this devoted to pics. It's here: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/post-your-best-creations-contest-discussion-thread.95787/
    MantasX12 and Loki ISP like this.
  13. Dementedioser Green Slime

14. Loki ISP Moderator

I'll echo what Pulse said about the other thread.

I'll also point out that I expect a variety of creations to win - from pixel art to giant Tedit originals and various points in between
  15. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

Not sure why I haven't stuck this here before, but it's my humble castle that I'm very proud of:
    [IMG]
    On my first world, it was built entirely by hand, then after it was deleted, I copied it to a new world in TEdit, with minimal changes, and since then it's been tweaked by hand lots of times.

Oh and damn that left mannequin is still missing it's shirt.
    MantasX12 likes this.
  16. Rudoboy Corrupt Bunny

Steampunk fortress done! Take pictures was a nightmare for me, I'm not happy with the result but the idea is to have greater level of detail.

Attached Files:

17. Gathorius Prime Cursed Man

My castle:
    [IMG]
    It's called Dragonspire and was built by hand.
    I know it could use more lighting but I like how it worked out anyway:D

Sorry for multi-posting.
    I kept getting a message stating "unspecified error"
    I assumed that meant that it didn't get posted...
    again my appologies.

EDIT: I deleted all "clones"
  18. Eldritchsense Green Slime

I'll go ahead and post three more images from builds I recently found...I was worried I didn't have these worlds anymore.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

That last one is really old, from 1.0 I think. I was going for a Vault kinda feeling. The first one was a floating fortress I managed to build in entirety without my friends on the server finding it until I was completely done.
  19. TehDarkNoob Flying Fish

I would post something, but my crap would distract from all the awesome above.
  20. Loki ISP Moderator

I would encourage everyone to share what they have. There is beauty in design - from the grandiose to the more simple.

Look at the thread I posted from mine and Cosmics stuff...it doesn't come close to the scale of most of this, but we like it, are proud of it, and think it hangs right in there from a design perspective.

So...please guys, don't hold back....we want to see what EVERYONE has. Be proud and share.

Cheers
    TragicSeraphim likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.